Vulcan Welding Wire

I run a Hobart 140 MiG and was wondering about their Vulcan wire. Their Vulcan welders have very good reviews. Your right Daniel some of their brands have proven themselves to me personally. Working with only the more popular brand tools for most of my life I came out of the box a few years ago. I have had good results with Hercules right angle grinders, Hercules oscillating multi tool, Banks floor nailer, Diamondback 10” wet tile saw and few small Bauer tools. I’ll have to pick some of their MiG wire up it’s on sale right now.

I've not tried the HF wire yet. The welding supply company where I get the bottles filled at has a price as good or better than HF when it comes to wire. It's called "Blue Demon" so with a name like that it could very well be the same stuff HF sells with a different label on the spools! I haven't used flux core in many years now ever since I converted the old Lincoln Weld-Pak 155 to gas. Must have been close to 10 years ago now I suppose.

I use just about everything else HF has though---LOL!

DAC

I used Harbor freight wire in both my harbor freight 90 amp $100 welder and the Campbell Hausfeld machine I was given free. It did the job ok with both machines. The Harbour Freight machine produced much more spatter being an AC output machine. Was running 035 on both. Went to a regular welding supply and bought a 10LB spool of Hobart 035. Had to transfer it to the 2LB spool to use on the cheep machines. The price figured to about $13 per 2LB spool as apposed to Harbor Freight $19 per spool and welded considerably better. Next I bought Weldcote Metals 030 2LB spool. Only used it on the Campbell Hausfeld DC output machine, Was able to get better weld flow but not sure if it was the quality of the wire or the fact it was smaller. Burnt the last of that yesterday and went to North Forty Outfiters and bought a 10LB spool of Lincoln 030 $84. Brought it home and after supper I prepared fill a 2LB spool for use today. Cut the box open and found it filled with bricks. I had noticed the box was a little ragged but I wasn't going to weld with the box any way. So this morning I made another 60 mile round trip to get the wire I had already paid for. They apologized for the inconvenience Even though I am nor sure they believed my story any more than I did. I got my wire and came home. I mean if you buy a box of Cheerios do you rip the box open at the check out counter to see if they are in there. Haven't put the new wire in the machine yet. Still $3 a roll cheaper than Harbor Freight. I just chuck the 2LB spool in the lathe and spend 4 0r 5 minutes winding it up.
Let us know how that Vulcan wire works.
Don

I used Harbor freight wire in both my harbor freight 90 amp $100 welder and the Campbell Hausfeld machine I was given free. It did the job ok with both machines. The Harbour Freight machine produced much more spatter being an AC output machine. Was running 035 on both. Went to a regular welding supply and bought a 10LB spool of Hobart 035. Had to transfer it to the 2LB spool to use on the cheep machines. The price figured to about $13 per 2LB spool as apposed to Harbor Freight $19 per spool and welded considerably better. Next I bought Weldcote Metals 030 2LB spool. Only used it on the Campbell Hausfeld DC output machine, Was able to get better weld flow but not sure if it was the quality of the wire or the fact it was smaller. Burnt the last of that yesterday and went to North Forty Outfiters and bought a 10LB spool of Lincoln 030 $84. Brought it home and after supper I prepared fill a 2LB spool for use today. Cut the box open and found it filled with bricks. I had noticed the box was a little ragged but I wasn't going to weld with the box any way. So this morning I made another 60 mile round trip to get the wire I had already paid for. They apologized for the inconvenience Even though I am nor sure they believed my story any more than I did. I got my wire and came home. I mean if you buy a box of Cheerios do you rip the box open at the check out counter to see if they are in there. Haven't put the new wire in the machine yet. Still $3 a roll cheaper than Harbor Freight. I just chuck the 2LB spool in the lathe and spend 4 0r 5 minutes winding it up.
Let us know how that Vulcan wire works.
Don
I hate to hear that kind of stuff. You do feel like a thief yourself trying to get back what you paid for. I have bought motor oil, rear end heavy weight oil and paint from Walmart only to find out later I bought water.

I’ve never had that happen. My buddy bought a tv off Amazon and when he opened it there was just a piece of plywood the size of the tv in the box. Jokes on that person because at that time a 65” piece of plywood was worth more than the TV!

Back