WD 40 Tips

I use to use wd-40 on my off road bike to keep the mud from sticking and it worked ok, I would get 1/2 way though a 45 mile muddy race with out it caking up under the fenders and such. Then I found out about Pam cooking spray and could make the whole race without mud sticking.

cleaning out we found some old wd40 cans from the late 80s, they must have toned down there formula now. I been using these old cans seems to work alot better at penteating and lasting longer on out door hinges etc.

And when you get that nasty old black grease on your hands that the best soaps don't wanna touch, spray WD40 on your hands and wring it in and the goop wipes right off!

I have not found anything that Dawn dish soap does not take away. Besides por15 and tar. I quit buying hand cleaners many years ago, If I need the high strength I just dip my hands in kerosene scrub them up and then wash them with Dawn.

Dawn will get the old black grease I describe off, but takes a good bit of work. So that's when I use the WD first, then Dawn....otherwise Dawn is always my "go to" hand cleaner as well. I keep a bottle of Dawn at my shop. Serves for hands, making solution for finding tire leaks, and mounting tires easier.

Dawn will get the old black grease I describe off, but takes a good bit of work. So that's when I use the WD first, then Dawn....otherwise Dawn is always my "go to" hand cleaner as well. I keep a bottle of Dawn at my shop. Serves for hands, making solution for finding tire leaks, and mounting tires easier.
If I have gritty hands I use Dawn and some granular sugar as a hand cleaner. The sugar adds cleaning grit.

The only problem I have with many of the hand cleaners is that they leave my hands feeling dry and I noticed with prolong use of it it gets worse and I get cracking on the skin around my finger nails.

I use that o'keefes working hands every day. My last position at work I was a mechanic every day, my hands would get so dry, callused and cracked that is hurt.

That stuff works great!

I use that o'keefes working hands every day. My last position at work I was a mechanic every day, my hands would get so dry, callused and cracked that is hurt.

That stuff works great!
See thats why I switch to using Dawn I don't need to use a lotion or conditioner after washing my hands.

Try switching over for a month or so you may see some good results.

See thats why I switch to using Dawn I don't need to use a lotion or conditioner after washing my hands.

Try switching over for a month or so you may see some good results.

It wasnt from gojo. Just the weather and heavy work. The mine wont buy us good hand cleaner. Have to use just regular soap they provided in the shower house.

I've used WD 40 for years I also believe it's not as good as it use to be like most everything else. The best hand cleaner I've used & costs very little is diluted Dawn with Borax added. Borax is the grit plus a cleaner. I mix then put in a squirt bottle. You have to give it a good shake before using because all the Borax will settle while sitting.

Back