Well the potatoe bug,

Propane1

Tractorologist
Has found the little patch beside the door step. About a dozen today. Must got tired of the beach and took his friends to town. Country music festival is on this weekend out there. So to noisy for the bugs, I bet. Would be for me. 20,000 screaming people. Not for me that.

Noel

Attachments

• 6DF32863-5E9C-49F0-B6EB-091E42F26DEB.jpeg
    6DF32863-5E9C-49F0-B6EB-091E42F26DEB.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 9
Dangit, Noel! That sounds like a lot of bugs for a small patch! Maybe when you start torching them the others will run back to the beach after the 20,000 screaming people leave---LOL! I don't blame you for dodging that. Imagine that number times 10 or 20, even more, That's the normal attendance for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in August! Thousands of them are here in Rapid City too and there is high profile concerts and such in a lot of locations. I become a hermit any more during that.

DAC

Has found the little patch beside the door step. About a dozen today. Must got tired of the beach and took his friends to town. Country music festival is on this weekend out there. So to noisy for the bugs, I bet. Would be for me. 20,000 screaming people. Not for me that.

Noel
Hope they're not these Noel..

1688817760461.png

Hehe. Still no potatoes bugs at home. But. The little patch I have growing in Stratford, beside my sons place has them. Only about 8 plants there, have bugs.
Strange. Some years there is bugs, some not.
I did plant one row in the old garden I use to use. Found a bunch of left over taters in my winter storage box, so I planted them. A few are coming thru now. Planted July 1/23.
I’m hoping those bugs are still at the beach or went to Harry’s. Hehe.

Noel

We’ll still no bugs at home. But a few at my sons place. And a few means about 8 or 9. The other row I planted on July first has no bugs yet. And some plants are up 6”, some only an inch. So will see what happens there. Maybe the bugs are still at the beach.

Noel

I've seen those bugs before but not on our potatoes. Our plants are blooming like crazy and the wife made a veggie medley with fresh beans, carrots, baby potatoes, and a white sauce. Tasted really good with fried Walleye.

That sounds really good Chris. My mother use to make a white sauce. It was good. Have not had it in 25 to 30 years. Could you share the recipe, for it. Maybe I could make it some day. I think mothers had eggs in it. We had it with cod fish. Pour the sauce over the fish.

Noel

Oh, ok. I guess I didn’t read properly. Normal for me. Hehe.
Post it any way Chris. Always good to try something different.
Kenny use to post some recipes he would make, and I’d try them.
Sure miss that.

Noel

Back