Went to a tractor meeting

Propane1

Tractorologist
Last night. Only 8 there but that’s good. First time I ever went to a meeting. Not a club, just fellas getting together and chat about tractors, parts, things to do and what ever. Just like going to a coffee shop with a bunch. This group is into antique tractors. No garden tractors. I don’t get in to clubs. To much goins on between members at times. You do this and you do that. Most of these guys were in a antique tractor club, that fell apart, so these few just still want to have a get together and chat. Any way, this was good. Most of us are putting our tractors in the Canada day parade in Cardigan, PE, Monday.
Maybe going to have a plow day in September.
They meet on the fourth Thursday of the month.

Noel

Last edited:
Yup clubs where more than 10% do more of the 100% of work done is rare.
Is also rare when member show up for every meeting to know what is going on.
Kind of hard to not show up for an imprortant vote and wonder what happened when some thing you loved got voted down the poop chute.

:D Al

Hi Noel interesting sounds like it was a good get together, I'm like you don't belong to any more but do enjoy informal get together's

I belong too 2 clubs, but rarely go to meetings. The main reason I belong is it's required to take your tractor to the local show and also they provide insurance at any authorized parade or show. These clubs can be a great source for parts or information also.

I belonged to Bee Keeping clubs. Stopped going to the local one when they had a election and the new group had a secret meeting at one of thems house then made up an agenda for the next meeting and if you wanted to talk about some thing not on the adgenda you got ruled out of order and if you kept at it they would excourt you out the door.

They folded in just over a year and a half latter. then tried to take over the regional club.
All now are a couple hours away for me regional and state wise.

Antique tractor club. Quit that one becuse the people didn't care enough to attend a once a month Saturday evening meeting . The JD power block people got thr rules changed so you could have as much HP as your money could buy and look stock. Ever see a 1934 Case do 20 MPH down a track draging a weight machine. I have and didn't find it enjoyable.
that club went belly up after one summer of run what you can afford.

:D Al

Back