What did you do with your tractor today?

Warmed up John Deere LX255, jacked one side up, and got the oil and filter changed. Noticed a wet spot on the concrete and could smell gas. Looks like its leaking around the fuel shutoff solenoid. Might be a bad gasket or just missing. Took the deck off to sharpen the blades. Looks like I forgot to clean it off last fall. Looking at the belts, I think its time for a new set.
Put the new belts on the LX255 and sharpened the blades. The fuel leak turned out to be a pin hole in the carburetor bowl. Swapped it out with one from my GT225 and its good to go. Gave the tractor a quick pressure wash to get a layer of crud off. Put the deck back on along with the bagger and mowed the front lawn.

Attachments

• 100_6075-m.jpg
    100_6075-m.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 4
  • GOPR4474-m.jpg
    GOPR4474-m.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 4
  • GOPR4475-m.jpg
    GOPR4475-m.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 4
Don't worry about me......

Screenshot_20240413_174144_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Mowed my niece's house using the Scag and then came home and mowed my yard. This thing really needs some different tires than the turfs. If you release the hydro levers quickly, then slide even on flat ground. I almost got stuck at my niece's in a spot I didn't known was a swamp. Slid down my hill and put too long strips in the grass:mad:

View attachment 80482

Mowed my niece's house using the Scag and then came home and mowed my yard. This thing really needs some different tires than the turfs. If you release the hydro levers quickly, then slide even on flat ground. I almost got stuck at my niece's in a spot I didn't known was a swamp. Slid down my hill and put too long strips in the grass:mad:
I seen this pic yesterday I can relate to that lol

View attachment 80482

I felt that

View attachment 80482

With about 7" of rain so far I had to do that in my back yard.

I got a pair of AGs and put them on my ZT in the spring.

Much of the day spent outside, raking, tilling, moving the garden hardware out to the sides. Last predicted frost date is May 7th.

We hit 81F+ today. Come Monday, I'll either have a sunburn or a nice tan. Went from the freeze to the fryer, nothing really in-between.

Got a new way to T-posts for garden prep too. Saves me all the walking.

Cut grass yesterday for a couple of hours with the Cub Cadet LT1050. When I was having trouble getting it to spin fast not knowing anything about the bad starters I changed the valve settings s little thinking that would help. I’m going to reset them back to factory settings because it’s a little hard starting. Other than that I’m happy with it. I had to run the push mower way too long by the road because it still had standing water in it. Now today I’ll run the string trimmer for about an hour.

Much of the day spent outside, raking, tilling, moving the garden hardware out to the sides. Last predicted frost date is May 7th.

We hit 81F+ today. Come Monday, I'll either have a sunburn or a nice tan. Went from the freeze to the fryer, nothing really in-between.

Got a new way to T-posts for garden prep too. Saves me all the walking.
:eek: OH NO. DW said, do another garden tonight! :eek:

Wish I had a PTO 3-point tiller. Getting old, walk-behind tilling when done, makes me into a jelly-fish. Can't feel my arms nor legs.

Back