What did you do with your tractor today?

MFDAC

Tractorologist
Since I don't see a "What did you do with your tractor today" forum I guess this is where to post for now. Got "mowing Monday" done even after all the rains and wind on Saturday. The ditch out in front of our acre still has water in it as well as a strip of the back yard so those spots had to be avoided. First I had to hook up the cart and go load branches that were in the way of mowing from that weekend storm. The tractor had to work harder mowing but those pictures are too common!

DAC

Attachments

• DSCN1053.JPG
    DSCN1053.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN1054.JPG
    DSCN1054.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 43
I have an old '70 Electro 12 Wheel Horse that I haven't used in a year since I got the Ingersol. I thought it would be yard art, but now I realise it's junk. It still ran good and mowed when I parked it. I cleaned the carb today and put in fresh gas. The good old girl started right up. Now, maybe I can find a buyer.

@MFDAC ,

Love that body style 66-72 Chevy/GMC truck. Dad bought a 1967 C-20 brand new. It was all black with the Custom Deluxe trim package. Had the red interior and was the first GM truck ordered and sold in Indiana with factory A/C.

What year is your GMC?

Thanks Brian! I've got a soft spot for that era trucks too. The '67 sounds like it was a pretty sexy truck with that color combo. Ours is a plain jane '72 C2500. We have owned it since 1979, and still driving it. I also have a 1970 GMC K5 Jimmy that my Mom bought in 1971. It's in pieces right now.

DAC

Took tractors out of the shed today and did a clean up. Took mower deck off the LGT100 and put the tiller on. Tilled a bit of the garden where I have dug potatoes. Also took the 165 with scoop and turned the manure pile a bit.

The wife and I have an understanding. She doesnt want a great big mess behind my shop, its where she walks the dogs. Can't blame her. So, I needed to reorganize the shed so I can fit all 6 tractors in there. I prefer to keep them inside anyways. 12x20 ft shed....I got them in. Just have to clean up the rest now...next weeks project

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Back