What did you do with your tractor today?

Changed the starter solenoid to a standard solenoid. Fired it up and mowed a bit. Had rain earlier so it was really to wet to do much. Will probably mow it all tomorrow. That 3.66 we got last Monday will make it grow again. Went from brown to green overnight.

Today was break down day. Cub 2166 was first. Wires pulled off the PTO. Made a couple news one a bit longer. Didn't work as I didn't catch that the stud that keeps the clutch from spinning was not there. First time the PTO was engaged - - yep. pulled the wires again. Sheared the stud off right at the side of the block. Metric of course and don't think I have another one around. Then the 1512 deck quit, Could not find anything so tried it at idle. Killed it dead. Headed to the shop. Center deck spindel was seized. Pulled the deck and hung it on the overhead so I could get at it easier. Top bearing went out. Mrs went after the third and final mower, a cub 1610. Battery was dead. Don't think the alternator is working. That's it for today. Will get one going tomorrow to finish mowing - maybe. Talking rain after noon through Tuesday again.

Today was break down day. Cub 2166 was first. Wires pulled off the PTO. Made a couple news one a bit longer. Didn't work as I didn't catch that the stud that keeps the clutch from spinning was not there. First time the PTO was engaged - - yep. pulled the wires again. Sheared the stud off right at the side of the block. Metric of course and don't think I have another one around. Then the 1512 deck quit, Could not find anything so tried it at idle. Killed it dead. Headed to the shop. Center deck spindel was seized. Pulled the deck and hung it on the overhead so I could get at it easier. Top bearing went out. Mrs went after the third and final mower, a cub 1610. Battery was dead. Don't think the alternator is working. That's it for today. Will get one going tomorrow to finish mowing - maybe. Talking rain after noon through Tuesday again.
So,,,is that a good day for you? I’m not alone in having things go wrong one after another

Rainy day yesterday, decided to clean out the shed, move some shelves so I could fit all my running tractors in there. Tractors in the shed collect dust, so they sat outside in the rain for a few hours and got washed off...lol

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Today, I'm going to tackle this mess...

IMG_0502.jpg

Last edited:
Used the 200 to give it some engine break in to haul the trailer and weedwhacker stuff over to the neighbors so I wouldn’t need to walk back and fourth. I caught it posing so I snapped a picture. C9D1830B-BA27-4C99-BB61-DCAC09C8C440.jpeg

towed the mulcher and catcher trailer around the property mulching any dead small branches ect for my gardens today
Yesterday i emptied and moved 3 rider trailers around and emptied them as they had rubbish in and some scrap metal an such
it's nice to have empty trailers for a change

Shane

Attachments

• PB180086.JPG
    PB180086.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 12
Lawn needed mowed so brought the 1512 CC up. greased, fueled, etc. Went to mow, engaged the deck, full throttle and went about 6' when the center spindle locked up. Just rebuilt that a couple weeks ago using an off brand bearing that NAPA had on hand. Tore it apart, drove 35 miles one way to pick up a set of National bearings with races. Went to 4 stores and nobody had the seals. Glad I was careful when I pulled the others as they were straightened and reused. Put it back together and mowed for an hour. Quit at 6:30 with about 1/3 of it done. Got .15" of rain early this morning so when that dries off will finish up. Mrs got the trim mowing done around her flowers, bird feeders, etc. My knees and trim mowers do not get along at all.

Fired the H16XL up and pulled the yard wagon around to pick up limbs & branches from the storm last night. 2 good loads to the brush pile, then put the wagon back in the pallet building. Had one dead Poplar tree that went down next to the drive. Got it threw out crosswise and used the tractor and blade to push it across the road into the grader ditch. Have about 8 more that will join it some day not to far away. That tractor has the blade on year around and really earns it's keep.

don't often mow with a tractor, can maneuver better with a push mower around here. although I have avoided self propelled for years because of some bad experiences (when I was younger mowing with self propelled machines only slowed me down) I discovered a now- 40 year old Deere 21" SP that surprised me.... very low hours too.... so today I used one of my Ariens S16H's to pull a lawn sprayer around.... overkill for that machine for certain. It won't work very hard til it gets the chains and plow blade mounted back on it, in a couple of months.

Adjusted choke on my SS16, no wonder its been hard starting this season. Seems when I adjusted the points the choke cable got moved and was no longer closing.
And I mowed the lawn for possibly the last time this season.

Back