What did you do with your tractor today?

I’m cutting every 3-4 days and I don’t love it! Once a week suits me fine.

It's the only way I get seat time most of the time! Winter comes and the poor tractors are parked in the garage in the cold! I don't plow snow, my driveway is 2 cars wide, and maybe 20 feet long. Its easier to just shovel it!

Plus cutting grass is the only thing I can do that everyone leaves me alone!! I get an hour or so of pure no one bothering me at all time.

It's the only way I get seat time most of the time! Winter comes and the poor tractors are parked in the garage in the cold! I don't plow snow, my driveway is 2 cars wide, and maybe 20 feet long. Its easier to just shovel it!

Plus cutting grass is the only thing I can do that everyone leaves me alone!! I get an hour or so of pure no one bothering me at all time.
I understand, the solitude is nice.

Saw some dark clouds NW of us, so I got the 68 mower out and topped the weeds. All of 30 minutes seat time, but enjoyable! May see some rain, may not!

I went ahead and mowed with the MF12G today. It got dry and dusty out there, big change in 6 days. I finally was able to mow the ditch out front though as there was no more standing water in it! Got done in time to have the race on one tv in the shop and a Rockies baseball game on the other. Good day to tinker inside the shop! Opps I didn't press "post reply" yesterday---but it was still here waiting! I actually typed this Sunday, 8-12.

DAC

Re-leveled the blades on the deck, sharpened them up good. Mowed a bit and put it in the machine shed. Moved the White outside, backed the G16XT with tiller in the back corner where it will probably stay till spring. Moved a couple others around to make more room. Working on the ugly sheet metal for the 2166 CC. Getting it ready to throw some paint at it.

I went ahead and mowed with the MF12G today. It got dry and dusty out there, big change in 6 days. I finally was able to mow the ditch out front though as there was no more standing water in it! Got done in time to have the race on one tv in the shop and a Rockies baseball game on the other. Good day to tinker inside the shop! Opps I didn't press "post reply" yesterday---but it was still here waiting! I actually typed this Sunday, 8-12.

DAC
Glad I'm not the only one who forgets to press "post reply." It is nice that it sits there and waits for us!!

Got the White1655 out, hooked up the 4 wheel wagon with ends attached. Picked up a load of tall grass I mowed in front of the wood shed. Goats will love it and have a cleaner place for working up the wood when I bring it. That white with the 16hp Briggs L head is a horse of a machine, 3 point and all.

Got the White1655 out, hooked up the 4 wheel wagon with ends attached. Picked up a load of tall grass I mowed in front of the wood shed. Goats will love it and have a cleaner place for working up the wood when I bring it. That white with the 16hp Briggs L head is a horse of a machine, 3 point and all.
I’ve got an Agway GT16. basically the same machine, I’ve been real impressed with it!
Because it was off brand nobody bought it.
It was on Craig’s list for a month at $175!
Before I went and bought it.
I subsiqeintly bought another with all the attachments. I haven’t mowed with it yet.
Joe

I’ve got an Agway GT16. basically the same machine, I’ve been real impressed with it!
Because it was off brand nobody bought it.
It was on Craig’s list for a month at $175!
Before I went and bought it.
I subsiqeintly bought another with all the attachments. I haven’t mowed with it yet.
Joe

My first GT was an Agway GT 11. Guy had it in front of his house for sale. I asked how much. He says drive it to your house, mow the yard, if you still are interested I will give you a price then. It had a brand new deck on it, mowed great. I gave 150.00 for it. Later that summer I saw a new snow blower attachment. Guy said he could not get it to work with his tractor and it seemed it would only fit Agway tractors. I gave him 50.00. Got new chains in a box at the flea market for 20.00. I used that tractor for 15 years. Only thing I ever did was put belts on and oil changes. My buddy still mows with it to this day. 25 years between the 2 of us. Good tractor I guess.

Back