What is this Ford?

Must not be listed on Market place or Craigslist. Do you have a link to the ad?
Local front of home listing with a for sale sign in the window.

Starting in 1965, Ford made the Galaxie 500 Sport truck based on the Edsel Ranger a decade prior. Later the design changed and became the Ford Ranchero.

I've seen Ranchero vehicles before, yet this Galaxie 500 Sport truck is an odd one.
1673481253806.png

So this Galaxie 500 Sport truck looks limited. Australia has it looking like this for a 1965.
1673481355410.png
1673481407999.png

The Ford Galaxie 500 Skyliner with the hard top left on and the rear cover deck removed could look like a Sport truck model.

Ford_Fairlane_500_Skyliner_1959.JPG

Here's another version called the Ford Galaxie 500 Ranger back in 1959
a-sky-2-vert.jpg

Mike Hayes found a ’59 Ford Skyliner lurking in a parking lot. I thought it might make a nice bit of contrast to the Face-Vega posted yesterday. Talk about different approaches to end up with a coupe. Well, a coupe-cabriolet, in this case, as the Skyliner was the US pioneer in retractable hardtops.
But I always thought Ford missed a niche opportunity: turn the slow-selling Skyliner into an extended-cab Ranchero.
Who needs a 7′ bed on a passenger car utility? Imagine an almost 5′ bed behind the cozy cabin of the Skyliner instead. Still plenty of room to haul a few bales of hay or those big milk cans used back then. Or whatever Rancheros did (or didn’t) haul back then.

Ford-1959-ranchero-ad.jpg

So, is the first posting find a Ford Ranchero then? A 1967 looks very close, yet the rear tail lights are close, but not the same.
1673482352873.png

View attachment 64190

A buddy of mine in Nashville was looking at this Ford for sale.
I have seen both of these pictures going around on Facebook for quite some time. I think possibly a couple of years. Never seen any more angles or info though. I'd have to see a lot more evidence to be convinced this was actually built by Ford Motor Company. A vendor maybe, or even a customizer. I would think more pictures of this, which looks to be based off of a 1967 Galaxie in the front would be out there besides just these two.

I think Rick's idea of possibly a funeral flower car is the most probable reason this car was built. When that job was done a new owner "Rangered" it up.

DAC

Pretty sure Ford didn't build it. Looks to be well done though, even if the proportions are messed up.

And it's ugly to boot.

I'd drive it though.

In reality, it isn't much longer than the '67 Galaxie fastback it's based on is.

1967-Ford-Galaxie-500-Fastline-Roof-Feature-768x485.jpg

Yea definitely a pickup on the back.
Honestly believe someone Photoshoped it though...
Looks extremely long from the rear wheels back...
Actually, Bill, photoshop was my first line of thought when I saw those pics on FB. Willie said he saw this car before though too, so I commented like it really exists. I still have my doubts.

DAC

Back