What is this tool?

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I got this out of the scrap metal trailer at work quite a while back. I thought it was a flywheel wrench. Never tried to use it until today. It would have to be a pretty tiny flywheel as it won't grab the teeth on a K231 Kohler! I was able to hook it into the cooling fins, butt the handle down on the welding table and break some bolts loose at least!

Any help is appreciated!

DAC

DSCN3946.JPG DSCN3952.JPG

We had a lot of those similar to break down pump flanges and stainless steel piping to blow out lines when I was a candy maker for the Kroger’s candy plant. They had hooks on them with small chains to keep them where they belong. Most of them were custom made for that flange only.

If you flip it over it might hold the flywheel better but don't think it's made for the. Maybe made for tightening and loosening packing gland nuts like those used on large water pumps.
The jaw won't open far enough no matter which way it was held. I needed the hook to grab to hold counter-clockwise rotation, Chris. Wouldn't have done that flipped.

This is more stuff I had commented on yesterday but it's all gone now!

DAC

We had a lot of those similar to break down pump flanges and stainless steel piping to blow out lines when I was a candy maker for the Kroger’s candy plant. They had hooks on them with small chains to keep them where they belong. Most of them were custom made for that flange only.
If you flip it over it might hold the flywheel better but don't think it's made for the. Maybe made for tightening and loosening packing gland nuts like those used on large water pumps.
You guys may be on to something about pump flanges or fittings! The scrap barrel I dug this out of was the old chlorine disinfection building at work. I wonder if it was a wrench to connect/disconnect plumbing from the chlorine gas tanks?

DAC

I believe that is a flange nut spanner for adjusting pump packing nuts.
It was probably from some piece of equipment from before I worked there, so at least 18 years old---LOL! All pumps have been converted to mechanical seals now, and the ones that were still rope seals when I started this job were too small and used a two bolt flange to adjust the packing.

Thanks for your input, Packrat!

DAC

Back