What's interchangeable

Ky wil

I recently got a troy Bilt lawn tractor. It in need of some bits and peaces. The deck isn't shot but all the bearing in the deck is bad and the hood is broken off. And some of the shielding is gone off the engine. Idk what size or model it is but it says horse on the hood, has a 21hp v twin briggs intek engine and a 46in deck. It dose have the quick disconnected deck and it came with quick connection sleeve hitch.
Here where the question starts. a guy I work with has a craftsman that sounds the same as my tb it has the high/low/reverse shifter under the seat, and the hydro petal with a big brake pedal above it Quick hitch deck and all. Only it has a 50in deck and he can't remember if it a 20 or a 22 hp v twin engine. Know I know these are vague description and pictures would be better but, could it be possible for my troy bilt and the craftsman to be pretty well the same tractor? Also do you think the 21 hp engine would handle a 50in deck if it was interchangeable? Thanks for advice, Wil

It's possible they are from the same family. I would think a 21 HP would handle a 50" deck. If we had the model #s of each, we could pin it down better!

Here my model number for the troy bilt. Have to wait till I see the craftsman I guess.

he gave the the deck off that craftsman. Just looking at it it looks like it fit under the troy bilt and mount up. But my have to swap the drive pulley the troy bilt one looks taller

I have a couple of cub cadets and Ariens machines with 12 hp cast iron Kohler's on them, all have 48-50" decks except for one (it's a 44") and 12hp is plenty. I remember 8hp LTs from when I was a kid that regularly carried 32-36" decks without issues. Not a fan of the newer versions

Back