Wheel Spacers

chieffan

Tractorologist
Local fabrication shop is going to make a pair of rear wheel spacers for the Bever loader CUT. Going to take one wheel off, use the loader to load it in the pickup and it goes to the shop today. About an 8 mile drive so decided this would be easier. Both wheels have to come off to install the spacer anyway. Tractor has a couple small jobs to do first this morning.

Just assumed he would make them from steel, but he is making them so whatever he does will be what they are.. A little spray paint wont hurt either .
Steel will be just fine like you say Roger some paint and they will last as long as the tractor, if one is to worry about that then remember alum to steel is dissimilar metals and you get electrolysis and corrosion
3" per side will make a big difference that's what the spacers my brother installed on his Yanmar

Fully agree on the dissimilar metals, tractor and wheel are both cast. With the wheels set with the dish in make it a bit wider already, maybe 3" but not more. Still can get tippy enough to get ones attention so keep the loader bucket low when traveling.

I've put Aluminum spacers on my JD without any issues. I haven't seen any corrosion and doubt I will in what's left of my lifetime. I put them on so I could use chains and then couldn't use them anyway as the tractor rode too rough with them.
I think your going to like them Rodger as they really improved the tractors stability.

I sure hope your right Chris. It needs all the help it can get when it come to stability. Had it lift one rear wheel a bit with a bucket of wet clay with the bucket about 2 foot off the ground. I dumped 1/2 the load and moved on. The hydraulics on this tractor are way over powered for what the tractor can handle. Just wish it had power steering, but I am looking. Charline torque converter and an older Chevy pump with reservoir.

Back