When did Kohler......

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Switch the flywheel attachment from external 5/8" fine thread on the end of the crank to a drilled 3/8 fine threaded hole on the k series single cylinder engines?
I have a gray replacement k301 that I found in the junkyard that I took out of a 127 that has the bolt, and 2 tags on the shroud/both are completely unreadable.
I know a 127 is older than a 129, and I believe the old engine from the 129 to be it's original engine. The old engine from the 129 has the 5/8" fine thread nut. The engine from the 127 has the bolt.

Yes I have seen both versions over the years, but was just curious when/why they changed that.

I dont know what differances there might be between a 127 and 129... but there is probably a couple dozen differant flywheel adapters available for a K series engine depending on what is was used for.

No, the engine out of the 127 clearly is not the original engine out of a127. It's a much newer replacement short block, the one sticker says to use the model number on the other sticker for replacement parts but the foil part where that number is supposed to be is so shiney it's like there never was a number stamped or written in. The 127 series cub was the series of tractor before the 129s came out/ 127 narrow frame, 129s started the wide frames, etc

I seem to remember some 1200/1250s (quiet line, series of tractor right after the 1x9 series) as having the bolt instead of the nut, holding the flywheel on.

Back