Where Can I Get One Of These Shoulder Bolts?

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Hi All,

I recently been doing a little maintenance to my 10hp 857 Craftsman such as changing the oil, fixing the belt guard because that was loose and held together by useless one way screws, and fixing the steering because it's been sloppy and all over the place when I drive it ever since I got it. I took the steering linkage off and I found out why it's so sloppy, and it turns out an original shoulder bolt is missing and was replaced with a regular smaller bolt and 2 nuts on one side and I think I see why...... because it's a needle in a haystack to find. I maybe biting off more than I can chew here but I'm giving it a shot. That said i'm lookin for some of them if possible, one for the tractor and others as spares for the future whether they're for me or my stepdad. I looked on Ebay, Amazon, and Jacks Small Engines already and they have some but not the correct ones. I even looked on Facebook Marketplace for a parts tractor and the tractors there are a bit too high in price when I only need one thing and not a whole tractor. My stepdad got a little piece of pipe and will put it through the hole in the steering linkage and put a 3/8" bolt through the pipe with a nut hopefully for temporarily until I can find a correct shoulder bolt...... IF one can be found. I am posting a picture of the original one from the tractor below, it is 7/8" in length, 5/16" tread, and the shoulder height is 1/4, and the shoulder diameter is 1/2". The head is 5/8" when you go to take it out or put it back in with a wrench. I have a couple potential parts sources nearby I can try, but does anyone know where else I can possibly find one?

Thank You In Advance!

shoulder bolt.jpg

I went through this myself about a year ago . Not to hard to find if you know the dimensions of the old one and know how to measure it.. I got mine from the site blow.

They in packs of more than one but not necessarily expensive. Don't give up someone makes them.

Here's another site that may help.

Back