Which One Should I Buy?

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Hey Y'all,

So since I caught the garden tractor collecting disease, I am thinking of buying another tractor. I was gonna buy a Cub Cadet 124 that i saw right in the center of town, I called the guy multiple times and left 2 notes on his door but nothin'. So I am thinkin' he ain't really interested in sellin'. Anyhow I am thinking about moving on from the 124 and buying one of these 4 tractors. Unfortunately I can't buy all of em but I wanna know which one is the rarest so I can make up my mind easier. I really want the Cub but the other ones are pretty cool too, I am still undecided. Please help me make up my mind, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

moto mower.jpeg
cub.jpeg
speedex.jpeg
springfield.jpeg

Your attempts to reach the owner of the 124 sounds like me trying to get the owner of a car that I want to get ahold of me.
Looking at a 71 satellite that has been sitting under a carport and has not moved in years. It's in crazy good shape too. It drives me nuts to watch it just sit.

I forgot to add, I would like to stock pull at the fairs in the fall. Look up The Tractor Guys Stoneboat Pullin' on YouTube, that is what I wanna do. That said I think the Springfield is out. I am also looking at these as options for pulling purposes......Screenshot_2020-09-23-20-07-40.jpgScreenshot_2020-09-22-16-54-58.jpg

Well on the other foot, if you weren't so far away I'd have been all over that rear engine rider you recently sold as I have just acquired a brand new engine that would have been perfect for it if the original one couldn't be revived...... Yeah I'm going to be looking for a few machines myself here soon
I only wish I was 20 again, I wasn't married yet, so nobody to complain about all the stuff I have around Take advantage of that if you can while you can

The motos had weak axels. NLA
The Speedex are beasts, but clunky
The MF is the nicest and has a vari drive, so it'll sotf, but the belts are an odd pitch and parts are getting harder to find.
This said, it'd be the one I bought because I'm sentimental and Dad had one
The Sears and the Cub are the most likely to do what you want
The Cub would have max modification parts avail.
The Sears has a lot of parts.avaol.out there and it has H-L range

Back