Wisconsin ROBIN?

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
I just had an engine dropped off this morning, know nothing about it. I have worked on a few Wisconsins over the years, (very few) every one I have ever seen is cast iron, and HUGE. My son called up to see "if I wanted a Wisconsin engine" and this is what he showed up with. Not what I was expecting to see.
This is aluminum block, and almost older Honda-ish in appearance, straight up/ not slanted like most current Hondas.
I had an older Honda once, 8hp, it was a G80, it wasn't a slanted design. This one says "Fuji Heavy Industries in small letters on the tag, around the outer edge, I believe made in Japan. (part of that is obliterated) Here's what I can make out on the tag (its scraped up, some numbers obliterated)
Wisconsin Robin, model W1-(?)90 serial 800131. there is 1 digit where I have question mark, big gouge in label at that point.
who knows what about these? Parts availability, what HP might this be, are they decent engines, etc
Never seen one like this before. It pulls over but a bit stiff, have not tried to start, that is as far as I have gone with it so far. will probably wait til things warm up a bit around here before I do. Not a lot of gas in tank, but what is there smells slightly varnishy, have definitely seen worse.

Well looking elsewhere I guess the obliterated number in the model number is a 3.
Model w1-390 about 11 hp.
51 listings on eBay when I put that into the search, 47 are chinese imitation carburetors

Now that I know what model this is anyone know anything about them? Decent or junk?
I'm gonna eventually try to get it going, looking for comments from those more familiar before I dig too deep into it. Dunno yet if I will keep it in the stash or whether it will be for sale/ trade bait

I got it to pop on ether, but jeez is it hard to pull over with 1 hand on the gas tank and the other pulling the rope.....
had the plug out and it's pretty clean inside the chamber, almost no buildup, don't look like an oil burner, from that view. no fuel line from tank to carb, seems promising/ it might not be varnished up...

It's a 4 stroke. With the included tank it's a little bigger than the kohler k321 that I set it next to. Take the tank off and it's probably close to the same height. The bottom seems wider than the kohler though.

Damn... another thread that I had posted to that I don't see what I posted, listed.
That plus the fact that we could not access TFan for approx the past 24 hours, related? I had answered this question shortly after it was posted.
but my 1st response to MH's question, isn't showing up. so for the 2nd time, it is a 4 cycle.

not that Id remember..... though the 1st was put up via my phone which is always a crap shoot.
though I wonder if sometimes stuff gets deleted behind scenes without the post-er being let-know.

not that Id remember..... though the 1st was put up via my phone which is always a crap shoot.
though I wonder if sometimes stuff gets deleted behind scenes without the post-er being let-know.
I can't see any reason for one of us to delete the posts. And the software did say you deleted them. May have been a glitch before the server went down.

I can't see any reason for one of us to delete the posts. And the software did say you deleted them. May have been a glitch before the server went down.
I just hid the 2nd post that was showing here. It was between 15 and 16 now. Was a partial repeat of 15.

Back