Wood Splitter/Davit Crane

Got it bolted together. Only used 3/16" strap. Probably should have been 1/4". But I can see if it will work (proof of concept). Here's some pics:
DSCN0126.JPG DSCN0127.JPG

DSCN0128.JPG DSCN0129.JPG

I'm not looking to move near the weight Jason is. Just help with getting large cut to length rounds to the splitter.

Got it bolted together. Only used 3/16" strap. Probably should have been 1/4". But I can see if it will work (proof of concept). Here's some pics:
View attachment 43036 View attachment 43035

View attachment 43034 View attachment 43033

I'm not looking to move near the weight Jason is. Just help with getting large cut to length rounds to the splitter.
Looks good Kenny. That's usually what I use mine for, is just the rounds but occasionally the 8 footers too. 3/16" will be fine. I used 3/8" because I had it laying around. The load is generally up & down so the thickness should be fine. The straighter the lift the better of course. I've dragged some a few feet to the splitter or trailer & it's fine. I'm going to make an angle brace for the Davit crane it's self as it will bend on the splitter if I pull a heavy enough round. When its on the trailer it usually has both pipes almost completely inside each other so it's stronger plus I put a come a long from the chain link on the top to the a frame. One thing I do like about it being a little heavier, is when I drop it on a round, it'll open itself over it.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Not sure if the weight of this log but it’d be close or over for sure. Steering was definitely light but no lifting.
That log looks like it would be at least 250#! Pretty impressive that tractor will pick that with no additional front weight, Jason! That's a 16 HP tractor isn't it? That engine might weigh a little more than a 14 hp K321, but it can't be a huge difference---maybe! If I have to add a weight box is probably half the reason I changed the hood/grill tilt to just a hood tilt. Other half of the reason is to adapt the blade from the MF12G to the 1450.

DAC

Back