Working on the PK 1620 wiring system

MNGB

Tractorologist
Have been tiding up the electrical on the 1620 some, before I got it all the safety switch's had been by passed, I don't like that but for now that's how it is. The fuse block as is the case on many on these tractors has the main fuse slot melted and the wires cut and spliced together with a wire nut, the starter solenoid has been replace with the wrong type. So this is just some clean up and a bit of repairs, I'll wait till next fall to get into restoring the safety switches and the ignition switch. Looking at the wiring diagram and after doing some testing I've found that there a 3 fuses 1. a main (30A) 2. Lights (30A) 3. PTO (15A), from my experience the main is fuse of 30 amps is too much as it the light circuit, the alternator is a 15A system so no need for 30 A I lowered mine to 20A, the light circuit is lights only 2 headlights that tested found that they draw 5/6 amps when on on putting them on it spikes to 7-8 amps so I changed that circuit to 15 amp ,PTO is right left that as was. Since the fuse block is melted I had to may a temp inline fuse setup for the main, I've ordered a new fuse block form Amazon and when it comes will install it, I think that having the 30A main fuse was too much and if and when a short happened the fuse block and other connection would melt before the fuse blew, battery connection on the key switch is also melted but for now its working but this fall I'll inspect it and replace the key switch with a new one This is the fuse block I ordered

I will have to be doing a little more permanent wiring on the MF1450 also. I'm not familiar with your tractor's wiring, but the 1450 seems pretty straight forward. The electric pto went through some kind of relay that is junk so will need to find one of those.

Looks like you have a good plan going Gary, electrical is probably my weakest skill but will get it figured out.

DAC

The new 4 waqy fuse block I ordered off Amazon came Friday afternoon so on Saturday I installed it, had to crimp on some slip-on connectors got the wires connected checked it out and its all good, this block even has a clear plastic cover so that's nice marked what the fuses powered so that's good to go

Back