For Sale WOWIE!

One dollar? That has scam written all over it! Pretty cool piece though!

DAC

I don’t think its necessarily a scam Dac. I’ve seen ads like this before sayin its listed for $1.00, then in the ad it says “make offer”. HOWEVER I think THIS one IS a scam, because if it WAS real it would have actual pictures with other things in the background and not just a white one. Just my opinion of course. The thing is pretty cool though, like sawdust said I never seen one before. You think the stuff like I got from the 60s was when stuff was made to last, this thing tops the cake. This is when stuff was REALLY made to last, its amazing something almost 85 years old is still around in this good a shape.

Quite the mower. Made when men were men and men with no toes..!
Wonder if the guy selling it is selling it with a waiver.
Machines like that is the reason lawyers are wealthy men today.

Last edited:
I don’t think its necessarily a scam Dac. I’ve seen ads like this before sayin its listed for $1.00, then in the ad it says “make offer”. HOWEVER I think THIS one IS a scam, because if it WAS real it would have actual pictures with other things in the background and not just a white one. Just my opinion of course. The thing is pretty cool though, like sawdust said I never seen one before. You think the stuff like I got from the 60s was when stuff was made to last, this thing tops the cake. This is when stuff was REALLY made to last, its amazing something almost 85 years old is still around in this good a shape.

Following up my post here. Another and the main way to tell the way (at least in my opinion) is that, if you are actually a member of faceplant look at when the person who posted it joined. Say the person here with the mower joined this year in 2024, then its likely bogus. Or even click on what else they have for sale too after you see when they joined. Thats just what I do and how I think of it. My 2 cents of course.

You have to list a price so a dollar is what people use when they have no idea and want you to make an offer.
On FB, any time that someone puts down a dollar they are trying to bait people into messaging them in my opinion. I really have a hard time believing in this day and age that a seller really has no idea what they want for something. If they know how to use FB, they know how to google for info.

Eric brought up another good point. That seller blocked out the background leading one to believe that the pics are stolen from someone else and the background could prove that.

I like the Faceplant term too---LOL! Sorry I don't trust anyone selling on there when info is obviously being withheld.

DAC

Unless I can see what they are selling in person.
Bingo! And no Venmo or other $$ exchanging online BS.. I found a 54" deck that is in great shape for my JD 425 in Mass and I drove & got it!! I'm happy I was the one to get it! He said he had lots of calls after mine but he was nice and held it for me! Not a lot of folks do that anywhere We talked several times before I went to get it as well to ease his nerves that I was indeed coming. CL or other selling sites you are at the seller's mercy..

Back