Wrap???

You can wrap anything. I dont think it would hold up to work though
I think that is all a preservative wrap. I looked into that when I was doing custom haying. Was looking at putting about 800 to 1k of small squares in a stack on wood pallets and have them wrap it. Initial cost wasn't all that bad. Problem was once the stack was opened they had to reseal it with their wrap or the warranty was off.

Vinyl wraps pretty much put me out of business as a sign painter and vinyl cutter---BUT they are extremely durable! Pretty much all race cars of any genre from dirt tracks to NASCAR cup are wrapped now. A lot of dirt track guys will go a couple seasons on the same graphics, at 100 mph with rocks, mud and dirt clods pounding on them. I think it would be plenty tough for a garden tractor. Practical budget wise, I couldn't say.

DAC

Never thought of the dirt track cars using them. I got a quote to do olive drab wrap on my jeep.....3500 for the body and doors and 800 to do my hard top in tan. I backed out real quick. Said it was good for 5 years.

Never thought of the dirt track cars using them. I got a quote to do olive drab wrap on my jeep.....3500 for the body and doors and 800 to do my hard top in tan. I backed out real quick. Said it was good for 5 years.

5 years tops for sure in what I've experienced. The inks printed on the vinyl is known to fade relatively quick compared to paint. I would still think that for a permanent job, painting is a better choice but some folks like changing things up often too. A solid color wrap may not fade if the color is cast into the vinyl rather than printed on. Another thing---vinyl wrap installation isn't for a hobbyist. Even small pieces can be a two or 3 person project, depending on compound curves and textures. I've had to help a few racers that formerly had painted or cut vinyl graphics from me that thought buying a wrap and just "sticking it on" would save time and expense, Quite often they get in a bind and need to get more assistance with some experience.

I never went the big money to buy the digital printer, but did install quite a few that customers had already bought or corporate required and it ain't as easy as one would think!

I talked myself right back into paint---LOL!

DAC

Check out the channel Dip your Car on youtube, it's ready to spray plastidip. These guys do amazing colors and paint jobs using this removal plastic coating and it's usually much cheaper over a wrap. If you don't like it, then you can peel it off when you want to move on. The big caveat is to make sure you put down enough layers, usually 6 is the minimum for durability and peelability. I've seen pics of people getting into fender benders, panels were crush, but no chips or tears in the plastidip.
I plan on doing my Firebird and my wife's Jeep Liberty this summer.

Back