Wrong Shaft

bbuckler

Tractorologist
Hopefully someone can help me out here. The Toro Turfmaster old engine had a 25mm shaft the new engine I ordered came with a 7/8 shaft. I can get a sleeve that might work but the problem is there is a built in key on the pulley instead of a keyway . Any Ideas ? the sleeve I can get is a 7/8 to 1 in but still should be ok if I can get past the key issue.

Having hard time finding a 3/8x3" pulley with a 7/8 bore. Cutting a slot might work
Would probably have to go with a weld up pulley. I just got one for the blower on my CC, 4-1/2" X 3/4 hub and it was for A and B belts. According to the book my guy ordered it from the diameter was 4-1/2 when using a B belt and 4-3/4 when using an A belt. Don' know what the compnay was he ordered it from but he called them about 2 pm and it in his shop the next afternoon. I think I would cut a slot for the keyway and go with it.

Have a Fastenal or a Motion Industries or even a Grainger or Mc Master Carr around? I have a hard time believing that one of those wouldn't have the pulley you seek with a 7/8" bore in stock..... a lot of guys talk about some "surplus center" that has that sort of thing as well.....

Have a Fastenal or a Motion Industries or even a Grainger or Mc Master Carr around? I have a hard time believing that one of those wouldn't have the pulley you seek with a 7/8" bore in stock..... a lot of guys talk about some "surplus center" that has that sort of thing as well.....
There is a Fastenal a hour away but I didn't know they had pulleys I have bought bolts from them when I couldn't find the size I needed else where

Here's a link to Surplus Center. They do have some 7/8" bore pulleys. They have other goodies also! Great folks to do business with.

Got it on but it was more work than I thought the is when a little lathe would have been handy. I hope it don't have to come off for any reason in the future cause it might have to be cut off it that tight.

Back