1972 F350 bumpside

I thought those Avions were better built than Airstreams too but Airstreamers are very loyal most of the time it seems and that's ok! Cool pic, you posted while I was writing this! I remember working on those "Nomad" campers too!

I've got 3 GMC's and my wife has one, Paul. We've got my Mom's 1970 GMC Jimmy that she bought in 1971. It's a project. Wife and I bought a 1972 GMC 3/4 ton in 1979 and we still are driving it. 10 years ago the guy with the pink Ford gave me a deal I couldn't refuse on a 1955 GMC half ton and my wife drives a 2006 Yukon.

DAC

Got your edit Paul! Heck of an experience getting so dang sick on a family trip, and cool you have a pic to remember it by!

I used to have asthma flare-ups while on vacation too that would cause delays. One time in Georgia on vacation I walked into a huge hornets nest while we were bass fishing. Think I was 12. Dad and Grandpa got me home and the small town had a doc that would still make house calls. He said the only reason it didn't kill me was because I had asthma, and was taking shots for allergies that can trigger asthma attacks twice a week. Wasn't much the doc could do, and besides being sickly and sore for a couple days it was no big deal! Grandpa was under the weather, he got stung 35 times trying to get me out of that mess.

DAC

I hope you can get the Jimmy back in use..... we have a 1981 Bronco that is my wife's daily driver , after I "projected" it.
One of these days---If I would get the front axle put back together, then I can do some frame and suspension painting then put the tranny, transfer case and engine in. all that stuff is done. I hate to keep hijacking on Rusty's subject here, but would dig seeing pics of your wife's Bronco too!

DAC

One of these days---If I would get the front axle put back together, then I can do some frame and suspension painting then put the tranny, transfer case and engine in. all that stuff is done. I hate to keep hijacking on Rusty's subject here, but would dig seeing pics of your wife's Bronco too!

DAC

I wish we lived closer..... that would be fun to help with!!

I did find another bumpside that I think I will drag home.
A 69 F100 with both the Ranger package and the Explorer package and it has the fairly rare rubberized roof coating.
I like the longbed look and its a factory 390 truck.
This would be a good one to save.

Attachments

• 20191105_102615.jpg
    20191105_102615.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191105_102650.jpg
    20191105_102650.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191105_102643.jpg
    20191105_102643.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191105_102653.jpg
    20191105_102653.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191105_102557.jpg
    20191105_102557.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 7
I wish we lived closer..... that would be fun to help with!!
Yeah it would be a blast! I should have moved south back when I was young enough to do a drastic change! 20 years ago my Dad offered to give me his folks house in Georgia but there was no way I could have done it then and too late now.

It looks like you did a great job"projecting" your wife's Bronco! I'm sure she digs rolling in that! Thanks for the pic!

You guys are fine. Keep the thread rolling along.
Like sitting around the pot belly stove at the country store.

Thanks, just shootin' the bull I guess!

I did find another bumpside that I think I will drag home.
A 69 F100 with both the Ranger package and the Explorer package and it has the fairly rare rubberized roof coating.
I like the longbed look and its a factory 390 truck.
This would be a good one to save.

That looks like a great project truck! Nice 390 badges. Is the engine still in it? I think Jerry's pink '72 is actually that rubberized coating too. He said it's not actually vinyl, it kinda looks like bed liner. I've not seen the truck since he rescued it yet. He just bought a place not far from here, so need to go give him a "shopwarming" party when his pole barn is done.

DAC

That looks like a great project truck! Nice 390 badges. Is the engine still in it? I think Jerry's pink '72 is actually that rubberized coating too. He said it's not actually vinyl, it kinda looks like bed liner. I've not seen the truck since he rescued it yet. He just bought a place not far from here, so need to go give him a "shopwarming" party when his pole barn is done.

DAC
[/QUOTE]
It does appear to still have its original 390.
The roof coating is a fairly rare option on the Explorer package.
This truck also has the in bedside toolbox.
It is highly optioned.
Ford done some cross country treks with the Explorer optioned trucks and used them for advertising.
I can get you a link for some of that info. Good reading.

This is my son's 78, sure wished it would disappear from my driveway.
View attachment 19737
One of the nice thing about the 77 1/2 thru 79 F series was that they used a lot more galvanized metal. Cab mounts,etc didn't rot out as bad or as quick.
That's a good looking F350.
Is it a 351M or 351M400 truck ? 4 speed ?

One of the nice thing about the 77 1/2 thru 79 F series was that they used a lot more galvanized metal. Cab mounts,etc didn't rot out as bad or as quick.
That's a good looking F350.
Is it a 351M or 351M400 truck ? 4 speed ?

It's a 351M with 4 speed, geared super low, you can probably take off in 3rd easily.
We think it was originally a tow truck, it has extra lighting, a line lock on the brakes and also a PTO hanging off tranny.

It's a 351M with 4 speed, geared super low, you can probably take off in 3rd easily.
We think it was originally a tow truck, it has extra lighting, a line lock on the brakes and also a PTO hanging off tranny.
Both my F350s have PTOs running off the NP435 trans.
My 72 has 4.10s and the 65 has 4.89 gears.
Honestly yet today one tons and Super Dutys use the same gearing.
On a side note as an old big truck driver I love running empty,where I can take off in 4th or 5th gear lol.

Thanks! Jerry said he has been studying the Fordification site, and may have run across it. The link works fine! I'll have to take some time to read in detail later.

DAC

Back