1974 Wheel Horse C-160

I

I also have a chipper like that except it not only has the flail but on the other side it has chipper blades. Kind of slow when you get up to 3 inch stuff but I was running it off my C-121 12 horse. Still not bad and very handy.

Yes... I was looking at the parts list and it appears that I could order a few pieces to add that chute and the necessary chipper blade. Nothing that some cash won't fix!

I will consider that as I use it in the garden. We don't grow corn any longer, but we do grow okra...... I have the smallest Mighty Mac and have ground up many stalks using the chipper on that.

The previous owner used this one mainly for leaves.

Wow, what a beautiful bunch of WH equipment! Nothing shows any heavy use, and in remarkable condition! I would be envious, but I am blessed to have what I do, so happy to see it went to a deserving guy!

Wow, what a beautiful bunch of WH equipment! Nothing shows any heavy use, and in remarkable condition! I would be envious, but I am blessed to have what I do, so happy to see it went to a deserving guy!

Thank you, Dan. I am super excited about this entire deal! It will be fun getting to know how the attachments get attached...... cannot WAIT to play in the dirt again!

I was coming back from the grocery store this morning and saw neighbor Mike out in his yard. Stopped and chatted for a bit. In the process he showed me a couple of 1950’s Ford Fairlanes that he had in his back yard to work on. Went into his shop and saw that he had a Wheel Horse C-125. We got to talking about them and I showed him a picture of my C-160. He said he had a 42” side-discharge deck that I could HAVE if I wanted it! The one I have is 36” RD.... so this will be a nice addition!

D4843392-8CEA-4D13-8AD4-C4BC0BBB9912.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s not bad! He told me that he replaced the rollers and the spindles, the belt is good, the blades are not worn down and they are sharp. He said he has more spindles somewhere and will give them to me when he runs across them.
I did notice that the height adjusting lever is missing but the height is held in position with a nut and bolt. Sometime soon, I will get it mounted on the C-160 and see how it does.

That is a remarkable package and now you have a bigger deck too.

Did you ever use the Mac on it?
Nice for brush and trimming fruit trees.

That is a remarkable package and now you have a bigger deck too.

Did you ever use the Mac on it?
Nice for brush and trimming fruit trees.

No, not yet. We don't have trees and brush on our 1-acre lot. If I use it, it will be for grinding up stuff from the garden, or maybe leaves if I go after some to compost.

No, not yet. We don't have trees and brush on our 1-acre lot. If I use it, it will be for grinding up stuff from the garden, or maybe leaves if I go after some to compost.
If you do use it, keep a loose grip on stuff. These will suddenly and violently pull stuff in. You WANT to have it rip it out of your hand.

Wow! Never saw this thread before, but you should be playing the lottery! Nice hauls from nice folks!

DAC

Back