1974 Wheel Horse C-160

That’s a mid and rear mount cultivators, there should be 7 or 8 tines that mount on them. While your looking for them there should be a drive belt for the tiller too, about 140 in long.
You have a really nice package there.

I’ll need to look for the clamps, shanks, and sweeps.... was pointed to an implement document that shows a total of 9 of each.

She is going to GIVE me the Wheel Horse!!!!!

I had gotten it to run, installed a new impeller on her Cyclone Leaf Rake, and fixed her Craftsman lawn tractor that another "helper" had damaged. He apparently hit something solid with the left front edge of the mower deck, bent the deck, and the blade behind that edge was hitting the deck. "Formed" it, sharpened the blades, and good as new again.

Last edited:
She is going to GIVE me the Wheel Horse!!!!!

I had gotten it to run, installed a new impeller on her Cyclone Leaf Rake, and fixed her Craftsman lawn tractor that another "helper" had damaged. He apparently hit something solid with the left front edge of the mower deck, bent the deck, and the blade behind that edge was hitting the deck. "Formed" it, sharpened the blades, and good as new again.
you suck.

Got the C160 out of the trailer, gave the yard the last mow of the season......

I really like the rear discharge deck and it does a great job, but it is much narrower than the 54" deck on my Craftsman PGT9000 that I normally use for mowing. I will probably continue using the PGT9000 for mowing. That way, I can keep the C160 for the garden and for the occasional pushing of snow.

This thing runs like a top! Extremely glad to have it! I think it was happy to be in use again!

While I was mowing, the temperature continued to drop considerably, to the point of it sleeting/snowing by the time I got everything loaded back in the trailer.

Back