2 bottom plow build

There's a problem there Kenny. The way you did the braces, you can't change the pitch individually. I put my braces all the the pivot point, that way each plow can be adjusted separately.
I can move that back brace down to the pivot there if this is what you are talking about, Daniel.

Kenny, I had to go look at my plow as my memory is crap. I did the front brace exactly as you did, but the 2nd brace began at the pivot of the first plow where your rear of first brace is, then it went back to a hold I drilled in the 2nd plow beam as I marked on your photo in red. I only drilled through one of the beam halves where the green line is, slipped in a nut, then bolted the brace on.
Kenny Plow.jpg

Kenny, I had to go look at my plow as my memory is crap. I did the front brace exactly as you did, but the 2nd brace began at the pivot of the first plow where your rear of first brace is, then it went back to a hold I drilled in the 2nd plow beam as I marked on your photo in red. I only drilled through one of the beam halves where the green line is, slipped in a nut, then bolted the brace on.
View attachment 5005
Thanks, Daniel! I can move my rear brace down to both pivot points fairly easily. Just have to shorten it some. I'm just glad for the initial results!

I got the customers mower fixed early this morning so I brought the plow back in. I had installed the rear most brace in the top holes thinking it wouldn't collect trash. But that turns out to limit my individual adjustments to the plow (thanks to olcowhand to set me straight).So I took things apart and moved it down to the pivot points. Thought I would have to adjust the length, but it went right on (better than where it was). I went ahead and installed a depth wheel and moved the coulter over while I was at it.
Before:
DSCN4178.JPG DSCN4179.JPG

After:
DSCN4180.JPG DSCN4181.JPG

Now, my next question is do you set this up as you would a single bottom? Or is there something else I need to know? That's my next step! Once I have it set, I measure all the links (RH, LH & Center) and write that down for future use.

Well, I went ahead and set it up. Had to tweak the front/back of the first plow to get the second on the floor. Both are about the same front to back. Now just need more dirt to turn!

Last edited:
A little extra I built this morning. Had some 2X4's laying about and made some holders for the front of the 3-point plows. This way, they are not so susceptible to be knocked over, especially at shows.
DSCN4186.JPG DSCN4187.JPG

I had four two foot long 2X4's. took two of those and bored a 3/4" hole through the center. Split them in half centered on the holes. Cut two uprights at 10.5" down from the hole radius, the other two at 7.5" down. Screwed them to a two foot board with 19.5" spacing. Have to lift them some to get this under there, but makes them very stable.

Back