A few things from work

As of now, only the west wall remains. (to the right in the video, the camera points S/SE)
The amount of rebar when you break up that concrete is piling up. We separate it out, pile it up and clean it. Once the concrete is cleaned off, we smash, bend, and squeeze it into bales. We try to get them down to 4’x’4’x12’. They are loaded into a high side dump trailer. I think we get $190/ton for the rebar.
4B5AB650-00F5-4E8B-BAE4-C9842D7E6556.jpeg
The floor is 60% broken, but not processed yet. According to the schedule some moron made up, I have three weeks to finish the concrete. (Moron=me)
Storm water permits finally came thru, parking lot removal will start next week. Two weeks for pipe work, one for grading. I still need to export 18,000 yards of material off site, plus the tank concrete, plus the bituminous and concrete of the parking lots and sidewalks.

From my limited experience it would seem that working with that concrete would be hard on the excavators.

Updated: Public Player

We now have a tracked skid, a D5, three Cat 336’s, and two Cat 349’s on site.
Two with tooth buckets, (one with a thumb) two with processors, and one with a NPK hammer. Loaded another 5 highside trailers of rebar today, 2500 yards of dirt, and 1,000 yards of rubble.
All rubble export tomorrow.

Back