A Few Tools For Christmas

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I got a Wen rotary tool set from my son that I needed. We both have the Dremel tool but I liked the Wen brand accessories better. He also got me an Amazon Fire Stick for my shop tv. I have the internet but the apps on the tv are few. So far I’ve installed 32 apps and the Alexa option is nice, no need for any controls.
0A104213-D924-4FEF-8CC9-F209D533048A.jpegA0132AE7-7894-46BB-AD1D-8A98CDBF2AF3.jpeg401A74B0-266C-498D-B908-65C5CC4235F6.jpeg
My daughter got me a rechargeable light/blue tooth speaker set that’s nice. The lights are nice, magnetic mounts, swivel, and several light modes. I’m not too thrilled about the speakers. If you don’t have anything they would be good, not much bass and a little tinny. I have a nice sound system in my shop so I won’t be using the speakers.
253337FD-0859-4BB1-956A-82B32D453F14.jpegCF6FF9BF-2EBA-434F-860D-28828EC8748C.jpeg

No TV in the shop or house basement shop so would not have any use for a Fire stick. I wold not have the slightest idea what to do with it. Was at the daughters Christmas and I was watching the Rams game. After it was over thought I would see if I could find another game on. Picked up the remote and had a bunch of symbols on it for ? ?.No number just symbols. laid it down and took a nap. The DISH receiver is more high tech than I am comfortable with. Just to old fashioned for this hi tech stuff. Now those Wen acc. kits are a nice addition and will work on about any brand power tool. Noticed the lights are designed to be used with a USB port. Got the grandson a remote control race car and it has to be charged by USB.

No TV in the shop or house basement shop so would not have any use for a Fire stick. I wold not have the slightest idea what to do with it. Was at the daughters Christmas and I was watching the Rams game. After it was over thought I would see if I could find another game on. Picked up the remote and had a bunch of symbols on it for ? ?.No number just symbols. laid it down and took a nap. The DISH receiver is more high tech than I am comfortable with. Just to old fashioned for this hi tech stuff. Now those Wen acc. kits are a nice addition and will work on about any brand power tool. Noticed the lights are designed to be used with a USB port. Got the grandson a remote control race car and it has to be charged by USB.
I like things that are charged by a USB port. I have a few of the Harbor Freight trouble lights they work good but eat batteries especially in cold weather. These are extremely bright. Roger your pretty savvy when it comes to computers. The Fire Stick works somewhat like a memory stick. Instead of documents the Fire Stick allows you to install Apps which are channels that have thousands of movies and tv shows on each app. I like the older movies along with older tv shows. I’m watching now an app called Tubi Tv which has the old Columbo series on it. Shows like Dennis The Menace, Leave It To Beaver, The Little Rascals etc. and any movie you could think of. Believe me I had to call my son several times. Thanks to Alexa I got it down pretty good now.

i like that dremel set. I bought my wife the Bauer brand cordless dremel for Christmas. She hasn’t used it yet but it looks good.
I’ve had mine for a long time I wished it was cordless. I bought my son one now 29 when he was around 12. Carol has used mine a lot I might get her that same one your talking about. The Bauer tools have good ratings.

My shop TV's are "stupid" tvs so a fire stick probably wouldn't work in them. Will you still get the races, Jim? That's the only time my shop TV's are on anyway so not much point in having a bunch more channels than the cable anyway. On Christmas Day, the shop TVs were on! FS1 had a "NASCAR Classic races" marathon!

Those Dremel/WEN accessories are great to have around! I don't use it as much as I used too, but still a very useful tool and more bits, the better!

DAC

My Dremal tool, corded is in the drill press, I use a Ryobi corded tool at the work bench. I have two battery Dremal tools but both batteries are old and shot, won't hold a charge overnight. I use to use the sanding drums to work on my toe nails till the VA wants to do it every three months. When I had the HO scale model railroad the battery Dremal's were my go to tools.

My Dremal tool, corded is in the drill press, I use a Ryobi corded tool at the work bench. I have two battery Dremal tools but both batteries are old and shot, won't hold a charge overnight. I use to use the sanding drums to work on my toe nails till the VA wants to do it every three months. When I had the HO scale model railroad the battery Dremal's were my go to tools.
Sorry Jim..had to do it....

long-toenails.gif

While at Lowe's getting shop expansion supplies I picked up myself a belated Christmas present. I have 2 corded reciprocating saw, but cords are a PITA and saws I have are huge. Lowe's had a much larger one, maybe larger than either corded, but I wanted this smaller one called a "one handed" model.IMG_20221229_101436.jpg

While at Lowe's getting shop expansion supplies I picked up myself a belated Christmas present. I have 2 corded reciprocating saw, but cords are a PITA and saws I have are huge. Lowe's had a much larger one, maybe larger than either corded, but I wanted this smaller one called a "one handed" model.View attachment 63765
Your right Daniel I still have my old ones that I bought over 30 years ago and still work like they should but they are heavy in tight areas. My first one was the Milwaukee Sawzall then I bought my Porter Cable Tiger Saw both have served me well. I could use your saw trimming branches or roots while digging up plants. Does it still use the standard Sawzall blades.

Your right Daniel I still have my old ones that I bought over 30 years ago and still work like they should but they are heavy in tight areas. My first one was the Milwaukee Sawzall then I bought my Porter Cable Tiger Saw both have served me well. I could use your saw trimming branches or roots while digging up plants. Does it still use the standard Sawzall blades.
Yes, std blades!

Modeling trains is where I used mine the most too Roger. I’m hoping to get back into the trains soon is the biggest reason I’m happy with this.

We 'cut the cord' when our cable co. went 'digital'. Instead of getting renting 4 boxes from them I bought 4 firesticks. I can program 'em with my eyes closed now! It's like an internet browser that you can download & install Apps to watch just about anything you want.. Jailbreak them and it's all free but a bit tricky to navigate the channels. Hulu and Netflix are good to have. If you have Prime you get more movies and channels..

My next Kobalt purchase is going to be the 3/8 impact ratchet. I think that might be pretty useful. I use my big impact on a lot of things I shouldn’t and sometimes it’s just too big.
You're gonna be glad when you get it. Mine is used almost daily. I'm all Kobalt except for a leftover Ridgid drill, 1/4" impact, and my 7 1/4" saw. I have 7 year old Ridgid batteries still going strong. I have 6 year old Kobalt batteries and never had a problem with either make of batteries. Best thing for the batteries is to use them regularly. Sitting even charged for a long time with no cycling is the worst thing for any rechargeable battery.

You're gonna be glad when you get it. Mine is used almost daily. I'm all Kobalt except for a leftover Ridgid drill, 1/4" impact, and my 7 1/4" saw. I have 7 year old Ridgid batteries still going strong. I have 6 year old Kobalt batteries and never had a problem with either make of batteries. Best thing for the batteries is to use them regularly. Sitting even charged for a long time with no cycling is the worst thing for any rechargeable battery.

I’m grinder, impact, drill, impact driver, and led light for work

We 'cut the cord' when our cable co. went 'digital'. Instead of getting renting 4 boxes from them I bought 4 firesticks. I can program 'em with my eyes closed now! It's like an internet browser that you can download & install Apps to watch just about anything you want.. Jailbreak them and it's all free but a bit tricky to navigate the channels. Hulu and Netflix are good to have. If you have Prime you get more movies and channels..
We have Netflix and Prime. We recently a couple of years ago got Fioptics. We have the internet, house phone, and a tv package bundled. About mid June next year that bundled price will end and will cost us a lot more. I want to ditch the tv package and just live stream everything.

We have Netflix and Prime. We recently a couple of years ago got Fioptics. We have the internet, house phone, and a tv package bundled. About mid June next year that bundled price will end and will cost us a lot more. I want to ditch the tv package and just live stream everything.

I’d almost bet they will discount or continue your current discount if you call and threaten to cancel your plan.

Paramount plus, Netflix, and YouTube are all I watch. But my wife is the one that says we have to have cable.

Back