anyone mess with shindaiwa stuff??

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
I have a small 2 cycle water pump, gotten from a garage sale. engine looks about the same size as what's on one of my Echo weedeaters.
I got it to "pop" but it needs a new coil due to PO's handiwork. looks like coil wire got cut, rodent eaten, etc and some idiot took a 20 gauge or so piece of wire and twisted it to the existing coil wire with a wire nut, and cobbled it to the spark plug terminal.... I have the numbers off of this thing, never messed with anything of this brand, not sure where to look for parts... also need an air filter and filter housing "cap".
numbers from engine.... model S45P serial 2012766

I thought the motor itself looked awfully "Echo-ish", looking on Feebay for a "shindaiwa coil" and many were listed as "echo/shindaiwa" there were about 3-4 different ones among all the listings, none of the model numbers of what they were listed to fit, seemed to jive with any of the numbers I found on this unit (so far) , guess I will have to pull it and ID it by the pix supplied via Feebay

I thought the motor itself looked awfully "Echo-ish", looking on Feebay for a "shindaiwa coil" and many were listed as "echo/shindaiwa" there were about 3-4 different ones among all the listings, none of the model numbers of what they were listed to fit, seemed to jive with any of the numbers I found on this unit (so far) , guess I will have to pull it and ID it by the pix supplied via Feebay

I have an shindaiwa shaft drive trimmer (T254), and it is echo's commercial line with a few extra bells and whistles. This trimmer is bullet proof, very little vibration, quiet, fuel efficient, can't say enough good things about them. These motors are also made for the commercial user to maintain them easily supplying all diagrams and part numbers from shindaiwa's web page under tech support- to parts lookup, find pump. It's too easy.

As an example,

Shindaiwa part example.png

I hope this helps

Back