Beware of Husqvarna Garden Tractors!

If anyone knows anything negative about Simplicity zero turns I'd appreciate it if they'd speak up.
New ones or the older ones. I bought my first one back in the late 90s and never had any problems until I blew the engine about 2012. The drive motors were getting weak at that time. I used it as a mulcher and it chopped leaves better than the one I have now. Bought a new ZT in 2014 and it has the mulching attachment and so far I haven't much problem except one of the lift brackets broke loose after the deck hit a fireplug valve hidden in the grass. And I just bent one of the blades this past Saturday.

Contender XT is the one I'm looking at. We are suppose to get a snow storm this week so probably won't be till spring.

I wouldn't feel bad at all selling to somebody else as long as the frame isn't bent or broke now. Their selling them new "not" bent or broke and selling to you with a smile on their face..
Just because Husqvarna does it doesn't me I should. :)

Still looking for frame reinforcement ideas. Someone local was selling parts from newer Husqvarna garden tractor. I asked what happened and he said it had a bent frame. I asked what happened but he didn't answer.

Just because Husqvarna does it doesn't me I should. :)

Still looking for frame reinforcement ideas. Someone local was selling parts from newer Husqvarna garden tractor. I asked what happened and he said it had a bent frame. I asked what happened but he didn't answer.

The chassis bends in the same place, I'm not surprised he didn't want to say. I've had people go quite on me too. I also think its ok to sell it, if that's what you decide to do, just be honest with someones expectations.

There were many very upset people at me for pushing the warnings hard. I sympathized with the ones that would use their personal experience of not having problems while using their favorite implements, due to the fact that for 62 Hrs I had no problems too. I also had people that just wanted to "believe", and then I would have someone like yourself, obviously thinking logically about it, asking the question.

I would be happy to help. I have so much research and things to consider. I also want to add, what type of reinforcement is really dependent on your over-all expectations and what you want. Have you thought about what you need it to do, and what you would like it to do if possible?

Has your K66 been properly maintained while used as a GT? That might be another issue you have to deal with. If you use that tractor for anything outside of lawn tractor use, Tuff torque has a schedule of oil change after the first 50 hrs and then every 200 hrs after. Does your K66 have the center case option for power steering or hydro lift deck? I've included the Tuff Torq service recommendations.

Have you looked at my build thread?

The problem with the Husqvarna "chassis reinforcement plates" are that they interfere with the long support brackets that came with your snow blower. These long brackets were made for your pan chassis design and are vital. The place were the chassis will fail when it does is in between the steering support plate, and the last bolt on the long bracket when installed.

Husqvarna for a short time started recommending using the short support brackets to get around the problem of the chassis reinforcement bracket customer use dilemma. I can only guess they were hoping no-one would call them on this, because the short support bracket was designed for the C-channel chassis that the MTD GT's (Craftsman Pro-Series, not Craftsman GT6000) had. These c-channel chassis's have more support built into them.

Wiz, I can also tell you this, this is a great group, I believe your on the right forum.

I'm giving you a PDF, This is the first Husqvarna to have the chassis you and I have (though my chassis is heavily modified now). The TS/GT chassis was first used as a low end grass cutter near as I have been able to find and it started in 2006 on a box store special. I'm giving you a piece of proof, enjoy.

I've been away for awhile, I have a new major post to start this week. Heads up, but this will be an exhaustive guide for help maintaining a Husqvarna TS/GT, and other brands with the GT chassis and K66, I've put a lot of work into it, with over 100 pictures, for the experienced and those with little to no skills.

For those that have followed my GT's transformation, I took a recent picture of the clock,

13OCT2019.JPG

For those new to my GT,

K66 Pre Stage1.JPG

K66 Pre Stage.JPG

K66 Pre Stage 2.JPG

I'm glad to see this series is still helping people.

Cheers,

Attachments

• HUSI2005_USen_I0502049_.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 8
  • tuff torq oil change freq.pdf
    176.5 KB · Views: 7
  • cc K62 & K66 Oil Changing Procedure.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • K66 Pre Stage 4.JPG
    K66 Pre Stage 4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 16
Back