CEO of Husqvarna Calls it Quits on Lawn and Garden Tractors (Petrol), says U.S. is Too "Challenging"

BMaverick

YANMAR GURU EXTRAORDINAIRE
Saw this on another forum.

Husqvarna CEO recent quotes...

"Gardening machinery group Husqvarna HUSQb.ST said on Tuesday it will restructure its struggling Consumer Brands division"

"The company blamed rising commodity prices and a “challenging U.S. retail market environment"

"CEO Kai Warn told Reuters that Consumer Brands’ loss in the quarter meant he no longer expected the group to reach its 10 percent operating profit target this year"

"Husqvarna said the Consumer Brands division would exit lower-price segments such as petrol-powered lawnmowers and garden tractors"

Garden tools maker Husqvarna hit by weak U.S. retail market

---

When they said EXIT, it is immediately and the plan is to dissolve it. Not to sell it off nor apt to keep a parts supply chain either.

Husqvarna makes more rebranded machines for others than they do for themselves, this includes Craftsman. And it's not just the riding mowers, it's the Poulan product line and AYP too. Expect a parts shortage like you never seen before in the months ahead. RedMax will survive.

This all came out July 1st.

Husqvarna, MTD, and Briggs & Stratton make most of the riding mower and lawn tractor brands sold by retailers here in the United States. John Deere still makes all of their lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. There are other smaller players, but what a hit with Husqvarna exiting.

All I can say people, I so don't like this 'new normal' world we are in now.

Definitely make choices less as they're a big part of it (good or bad).
Don't really like to see this...!

Then add that Biden sign a no repair executive order so now parts for many mowers will be unavailable to the private consumer. Most will be newer stuff, but still, federal govnmt is going the same direction as John Deere did a few years ago.
Then add the EPA getting super strict regarding personal autos, no one will be allowed to install any part on a vehicle that is not OEM, this will kill every form of citizen motorsports.

Time to start loading up on spark plugs and carb kits!
Over the the 4th I was talking to a neighbor who just ordered a battery cub cadet zero turn.

The saddest part is that most if not all of us got our early mechanical engine knowledge by working on the old push mower.

Then add that Biden sign a no repair executive order so now parts for many mowers will be unavailable to the private consumer. Most will be newer stuff, but still, federal govnmt is going the same direction as John Deere did a few years ago.
Then add the EPA getting super strict regarding personal autos, no one will be allowed to install any part on a vehicle that is not OEM, this will kill every form of citizen motorsports.

I got the complete opposite of that from what he signed.

US president Joe Biden is set to sign a new executive order that aims to stop manufacturers from preventing people from repairing kit themselves or through independent repair shops.

This is the opposite of what John deer wants.

The epa act aims to prevent the removal of pollution controls and stop the turning of factory built road cars in race cars. No deleting diesel trucks, no after market ecu with custom tunes (my wrx is officially illegal if this law passes)

There is the RPM act that would protect this or stop this bill.

Last edited:
I heard too that the cash for clunkers is coming back again too. At least my 96 gt qualifies for antique car plates now

I think over the last few years it's been a "survive to the last man standing mentality" with the outdoor equipment manufacturers. Now that Husqvarna and their offspring are pulling out the markets it should get better for the survivors. There's just been a product glut that consumers could not absorb.

Was just in Runnings this afternoon and their Husqvarna display looked pretty bleak.

Actually that's backwards, he supports right to repair from what I've read, I don't care for him but I don't care for misinformation either.

Actually that's backwards, he supports right to repair from what I've read, I don't care for him but I don't care for misinformation either.

Well I apologize to all, excuse me. I watched a video someone posted and I guess was told wrong info.

Back