Classic Rides

This is what happened to it. I saw a pic of it and it dosnt even look like the same car.

Yet again, the only thing known is that it was picked up by an Australian private collector, and the last we heard of it from the Facebook page dedicated to this car was in 2015 where one was restored to make it look different from the movie car. In essence, the Corvette Summer was taken out of the Corvette.

The second car was owned by Mike Yager of Mid America Motorworks in Effingham, Illinois and then sold in 2009 to a private collector.

The original mold of the car is now part of the collection of the National Corvette Museum, so at least something is still handy enough for a look-see.

View attachment 65712
View attachment 65713
View attachment 65716
View attachment 65715
1949 Ford flathead V8 110 hp, three on the tree.
This was my buddies truck, we did a lot of work on this one, miss my buddie.
I like the fact that it still has a flathead in it, not a small block Chevy or worse an LS. That seems like the thing these days "stick an L series engine in EVERYTHING even if it's not remotely close to a GM chassis.... I get so tired of seeing that.
I get the thing about putting a newer engine in an older chassis, even. But not the cross breeding crap.

Back