Classic Rides

331774496_571248721605434_6625501744937923661_n.jpg

Traill95, that's beautiful.
I need to paint mine, someday!
View attachment 65996
View attachment 65998
I've got two GMC's of that era, Jim. I think I have taillight and backup lenses around here somewhere if you need them. They won't be perfect like new but would fill the empty holes. You may have to build brackets to screw them to though, as I probably don't have extra bezels.

DAC

I've got two GMC's of that era, Jim. I think I have taillight and backup lenses around here somewhere if you need them. They won't be perfect like new but would fill the empty holes. You may have to build brackets to screw them to though, as I probably don't have extra bezels.

DAC
That would be great, I have searched around here and havent found any. Thank you.

Dont tell anyone around you that you are retiring, they will find you and give you jobs to do since you have nothing to do! Lol,
I got more (friends) when I retired than I ever had before.
If you find the lights I'd love to have them, I plan on a Sinclair styled gas station front on the shop and the tailgate will get painted and lettered.

Dont tell anyone around you that you are retiring, they will find you and give you jobs to do since you have nothing to do! Lol,
I got more (friends) when I retired than I ever had before.
If you find the lights I'd love to have them, I plan on a Sinclair styled gas station front on the shop and the tailgate will get painted and lettered.
All I probably have is the lenses, Jim, hopefully you can find a way to light them with the plans you have! Everybody except one nosey neighbor pretty much minds their own business. That could change, I'm sure! The nosey one seems to have gotten a hint that I have no time for his gossip and rumors at least!

DAC

Yeah Doug I wouldn’t announce being retired either. It’s funny how popular you get when you retire or have a lot of tools. When we lived in the city I couldn’t get anything done. I’m a very sociable guy but when I’m working I want to be left alone. I think being self employed and working alone most of that time caused that. I had a lot of neighborhood kids liked to come around but I liked that.

Yeah Doug I wouldn’t announce being retired either. It’s funny how popular you get when you retire or have a lot of tools. When we lived in the city I couldn’t get anything done. I’m a very sociable guy but when I’m working I want to be left alone. I think being self employed and working alone most of that time caused that. I had a lot of neighborhood kids liked to come around but I liked that.
One of my co-workers has already hit me up to put his Heep on my lift! He has a two post lift, but he needs to troubleshoot a suspension noise with weight on the axles. I told him "Sure, $200 bucks an hour!" Just kidding of course. I've known this guy for 35 years, long before we became co-workers. I lettered a few race cars for him back in the '90's. He will probably bring a case of beer.

I am sort of opposite, Jim, kind of a hermit really. Have been pretty much since I had to get a real job after 15 years of self employment.

DAC

Back