Classic Rides

I'm just grateful I'm not dead and can still work. With the tinnitus and voices in my head no music is needed.
That tinnitus is the reason I have noise on all of the time. I put CBS oil in my ears to help with it also
I'm more like HJim, Chris. Figured I better clarify which Jim since we have "SJim too---LOL! If I didn't have music or TV noise while I'm awake I would be in a nuthouse by now due the all the noises and "voices" going on in my head. At night I have to have a fan going and my wife's cpap machine helps drown out the turmoil for sleeping.

DAC

Tinnitus scares me. I try to wear ear plugs as often as I remember. I’ve been terrible about it in my career! My last audio gram showed a definite trend of industrial hearing loss already. 20 years of loud noises had already taken a toll.
I got mine when I was around 8 years old after earaches that hurt so bad I would barf. Of course I never tried to be proactive later in life about controlling tinnitus. 40 years around race cars without hearing protection couldn't have helped. Started wearing earplugs religiously about 20 years ago but it's too late.

DAC

I would be in a nuthouse by now due the all the noises
When visiting with the audiologist at the VA I mentioned that it's a miracle I don't go nuts sometimes with all the noises in my head. The hearing aids helped but they are loosing their effectiveness.
My hearing took a beating in the service and then I was too lazy to wear hearing protection at work until it was too late. Now I have to live with Cicadas, squealing, and another high pitched tone that's difficult to describe going on all the time. At times it's so loud that it's a wonder that anything can be heard over it. I should make an appointment at the VA again.

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered about these kids running around in cars with the body panels jumping up and down with all that thumping going on. Those that are walking around with ear buds on so much can’t be good either.

When visiting with the audiologist at the VA I mentioned that it's a miracle I don't go nuts sometimes with all the noises in my head. The hearing aids helped but they are loosing their effectiveness.
My hearing took a beating in the service and then I was too lazy to wear hearing protection at work until it was too late. Now I have to live with Cicadas, squealing, and another high pitched tone that's difficult to describe going on all the time. At times it's so loud that it's a wonder that anything can be heard over it. I should make an appointment at the VA again.
Don't forget frogs, locusts and arbitrary clicking too---even though we would love to, Chris!

DAC

336541028_2242510635910719_6548436771049868685_n.jpg

My dad would like that truck. Long box , step side. Easy to get in and out of the box. To get his stuff and junk in and out. He could not stand a short box, and could not stand a fleet side box. And no V8’s for him. Only in line 6’s. And standard transmission.
Dad had a 61 GMC about 50/55 years ago. Great old truck.

Noel

Back