Cloning Some Parts

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
I was needing another set of the parts circled in the first pic to complete the 3-point on my other Sears FF20.
DSCN4705.JPG

The fabricated parts will be used on Alice as I made the lower lift arms from 5/8" thick material and the 'stock' links are just wide enough, making a tight fit there. Here's a few pics of what I have so far. I located some 1.125" diameter rod and cut 2 pieces 1.5" long ('stock' parts are 1" long here, hoping for just a bit more lift height). I have them drilled to 9/16" right now, waiting for the 37/64" drill bit to arrive as these holes will be threaded to 5/8-18. Then I drilled the long ends to 5/8" for the pins.
DSCN4891.JPG DSCN4892.JPG DSCN4893.JPG

More to come today on this.

Here's the new pics. Not nearly what I had before as I am beyond that point. To weld the pin in the top piece, I drilled three 1/4" holes around the perimeter to weld them in with.
DSCN4908.JPG

Next I cut 4 pieces of 1/4" X 1-1/2'' X 5" long strap for the bottom section. I offset the holes I drilled as the original was only 1-1/4" wide.
DSCN4909.JPG

I found material to set the spacing.
DSCN4910.JPG

Here's what the new looks like next to the original.
DSCN4911.JPG DSCN4912.JPG

A spacer is needed for the 5/8" bar to weld in.

Since I got the drill bit and threaded rod late yesterday, I got after things this morning. First I cut the rod into 8" lengths. This was what was needed. Had to grind a small part of the threads so they fit snugly. I got things situated as I wanted and tacked the rod in 4 places each side before welding solid.
DSCN4913.JPG DSCN4914.JPG DSCN4914.JPG

This is the wire I'm burning:
DSCN4916.JPG

Got a nice coffee warmer
DSCN4917.JPG

Here's the links all welded together.
DSCN4918.JPG

Here's my small welding table. A piece of 3X3 angle in the vise.
DSCN4919.JPG

Next up was taking the holes out in the adjusters for the 5/8-18 threads.
DSCN4920.JPG

Tapped those out. Things fit just fine.
DSCN4921.JPG DSCN4922.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN4915.JPG
    DSCN4915.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 5
Looking good Kenny. I cheated when we built my lift links, Used 2 nuts on the top end on the threaded rod. Old wrench stays on that tractor to break a nut loose to adjust. Issue with that is hand tightening won't hold when using a blade on a drive, etc. Nut will loosen and change the setting.
No way these will do that!

No way these will do that!
That is for sure, that is why I said I cheated. Your in a lot warmer climate than I am so I don't have anything to drop when plowing snow at 10° or below. Was quicker than taping also. Yours looks more professional and more like OEM. All I had to start with was the rock shaft and top lift arms on the White 1655.

Amazon just delivered the drill bit, 24 hrs. late! Not gonna be a good review on that!

Not really Amazons fault. Carriers get the contract and then fail to fulfill their promise. Trucking company sales force make promises just to get the contract,,maybe they keep it, maybe not. Depends on how many late arrivals and damage/loss claims shipper will put up with. I haul time sensitive freight, soon as I back into dock at 5:30 am trailer is immediately stripped and freight loaded onto delivery trucks. That does not mean its all on time, some freight may have been sitting on a dock for 3 days lost in transit, or in a ditch. This gem Wednesday night fell asleep going into a curve and no rumble strip to wake him upIMG_5548.jpg

Same company last year,,,results not so good as there was oncoming traffic,,,good help hard to find

collision1.PNG;w=630

Last edited:
Not really Amazons fault. Carriers get the contract and then fail to fulfill their promise. Trucking company sales force make promises just to get the contract,,maybe they keep it, maybe not. Depends on how many late arrivals and damage/loss claims shipper will put up with. I haul time sensitive freight, soon as I back into dock at 5:30 am trailer is immediately stripped and freight loaded onto delivery trucks. That does not mean its all on time, some freight may have been sitting on a dock for 3 days lost in transit, or in a ditch. This gem Wednesday night fell asleep going into a curve and no rumble strip to wake him upView attachment 19762

Same company last year,,,results not so good as there was oncoming traffic,,,good help hard to find

collision1.PNG;w=630
The delivery was made by the 'new' Amazon carrier (Prime)! All Amazon's fault!

USPS is not any better. Made a purchase which was sent out of Mississippi Tuesday morning to SW Iowa via Des Moines. Left Ms, went to Boise, Idaho then eventually got to DM at 7:50 yesterday morning. Package was to be here Friday with 3 day Priority. Might make it Tuesday now so the 3 day Priority will take a full week.

Back