Dad's Ford 900

Texas Horses Hogs and Deeres

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
Dad picked up this 1957 Ford 900 last year and we finally got around to going and picking up. It turns over and seems to have good compression. The good, it has nice straight sheet metal and only a little surface rust. it's a model #960 which means it has a 5speed trans, power steering which was a rare option on the 900 and live PTO. The bad, it needs 2 rear tires which we have, but someone decide they needed the power steering pump more than we did and stole it while it was sitting in the PO's shed. Anyway Dad wanted it so he bought it and wants to restore.

Ford 900 2.jpgFord 900 4.jpgFord 900 3.jpgFord 900 1.jpg

I don't know why the I-beam is for on the front end, but it did protect the sheet metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the top of the beam in the second pic, or does it just keep going up?

Nice tractor and one heck of a bumper.

i would be tempted to leave it as homage to the farmer who put it there.

You may be right, I never thought of that. He bought it up in the Hill Country area of TX and it's all rock up there!
Ya, I guess ranchers drive a lot of fence posts
Having a drop hammer comes in useful.
I only got a few parts with mine. So, I’ve never seen the whole set up.

Joe

Dad picked up this 1957 Ford 900 last year and we finally got around to going and picking up. It turns over and seems to have good compression. The good, it has nice straight sheet metal and only a little surface rust. it's a model #960 which means it has a 5speed trans, power steering which was a rare option on the 900 and live PTO. The bad, it needs 2 rear tires which we have, but someone decide they needed the power steering pump more than we did and stole it while it was sitting in the PO's shed. Anyway Dad wanted it so he bought it and wants to restore.

View attachment 50
How is the restore going? Or is it yet?
Curious as to what make and model the lift truck is. I see the hood is up and the floor board is on the forks.
Did you break it? Rick

Rick, that an older A/C something 30 model with a Mitsubishi propane engine. I wish it was even older so it would have has the A/C engine in it. We let it sit in the warehouse for about 6 months and the engine was stuck when we went to use it again. Darn aluminum pistons and steel engine sleeves don't do well in high condensation areas .
Got it broke.loose with MMO and it's up and running again.

Back