Dad's Ford 900

And no, I haven't had the chance to start the restore yet. But hope to one day and find a 3 bottom mounted plow for it to go to a plowday with down here. They have farm tractor plow days around here, just not any that you can bring a GT to.:mad:

Rick, that an older A/C something 30 model with a Mitsubishi propane engine. I wish it was even older so it would have has the A/C engine in it. We let it sit in the warehouse for about 6 months and the engine was stuck when we went to use it again. Darn aluminum pistons and steel engine sleeves don't do well in high condensation areas .
Got it broke.loose with MMO and it's up and running again.
Thanks for the reply. I knew what it wasn't (HYSTER) but not what it was. Glad it's running again. Rick

The I beam might also have been used to push wagons, especially hay wagons. With the old bank barns they used to push the hay wagons in to unload them. One person would guide the wagon by the tongue and another would push it in with a tractor. Some farmers got smart and fabricated up a hitch on the front of the tractor, that way you just used the tractor to move the wagon in and out.

Don't bother with the factory pump on that rig they are lousy and kick the bucket rather quickly hence the thievery. Put on a GM power steering pump and have power steering all others dream about!
Only Case tractors I really like are the David Brown built units and the newer Case IH units. For a unit under 60hp Fords were really hard to beat, at least here in New England anyways. But a DB would whip them any day all day!
My dad is a hard core Ford guy and even he has admitted the David Browns were pretty dang good! Especially on fuel!

Don't bother with the factory pump on that rig they are lousy and kick the bucket rather quickly hence the thievery. Put on a GM power steering pump and have power steering all others dream about!
Only Case tractors I really like are the David Brown built units and the newer Case IH units. For a unit under 60hp Fords were really hard to beat, at least here in New England anyways. But a DB would whip them any day all day!
My dad is a hard core Ford guy and even he has admitted the David Browns were pretty dang good! Especially on fuel!

Thanks, I'll look into that conversion.

Back