David Brown/Case/Case International

Everything on my tractor worked after I fiddled with the fuse box and plugged a few wires back on. I just wish that it had not been butchered up so badly with radio brackets and other stupid things someone did inside the cab.
The tractor must have pulled a batwing mower all its life because all the 3 point linkage is like brand new and it never had any aux.remotes mounted in the rear or did it have any levers in the console, I made everything, levers, linkage and mounted the 3 spool valve for all the rear remotes. Even made the brackets that hold the quik-connects..
I had to replace a bunch of glass on mine and the rubber seals that hold the glass in too. This was the most expensive thing I did.

Reactions: Pig
Yeah, I know what you mean about 'butchered up'. I spent some time removing all the stuff they left behind (same radio brackets as you had, loud speaker, some weird emergency stop, lots of superfluous wires, etc.)

It's interesting that you mention the 3-point linkage; I reckon because both our 1594s didn't come off a farm, they likely had similar 'histories'.
Unfortunately mine didn't come with the 3-point hitch linkage either, although it has [what appears to be] brand new aux. remote hydraulics.
I am in the market for the linkage, but I'll have to have it actually working first! :rolleyes:

Kudos on the work on the levers, and to get the 3-point linkage going, and the glass work. That's impressive!
Glass on mine is VERY good, except the small, sliding rear window: it keeps wanting to fall out - there's nothing holding it in place. I wonder if it had some kind of frame?

They had 4 clips that bolted the window frame in. Mine was completely missing as well.
The 3 point hitch on mine works flawlessly. But the lower arms are about 4" too short but it still works , you just need to be sure the pto shaft for a 3 point attachment is not going to bind.
Its a nice mowing/baling tractor.
Now here is my 995/6 that has been a handful but man is it a nice tractor to drive raking and tedding because it turns on a dime!

Attachments

• 20201116_153446.jpg
    20201116_153446.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201116_153521.jpg
    20201116_153521.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201116_153537.jpg
    20201116_153537.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201116_153434.jpg
    20201116_153434.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 5
Here is shot I just took at 3 am this morning of the business end of my 1594.
I kind of like the yellow under there as it brightens things up a bit to see if there are any issues going on .

Attachments

• 20201117_032026.jpg
    20201117_032026.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 10
Those tires on the 995 are nice!

You MADE that U-shaped bracket for the aux connectors? Looks very smart - I've seen some horrible jerry-rigged attachments in other 1594s online.
What's hooked up to it right there in that pic? Seems to require power too?

Yes I made everything even the hoses .
The unit presently on the back is my NH 575 baler.

Attachments

• 20200813_171153.jpg
    20200813_171153.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 4
Yours is a whole bunch smaller, a good friend of mine has a 315 and it's a lot smaller! I wish I had one of them too because this thing is a total monster to get into a few the fields I need to do.
But actually It is not going to be my problem much longer as I am getting out of the hay business!
You need a really nice pair of tractors and a baler they are for sale!

Oh, you're getting out of the hay business?
Definitely interested in the baler....mine is on its last legs. I am surprised it went this long without major issues.
Tractors? I have too many already! :D

Baler: looks like you have a thrower on it? I removed that on my 315, as I didn't need it - I use bale baskets to collect the hay bales.

Yes it has a thrower ,I have just about rebuilt everything on this rig as I got shafted when I bought it! But it now makes beautiful bales and runs like dream.
Plunger has all new bearings and holes they bolt through repaired . The knotter main shaft and all the bushings that touch it replaced. Needles rebuilt at the twine holes with stelite( a hard facing material) .
Dogs all work mint, have new spare springs.
Feed fork all new bushings everywhere and the pto shaft parts are also new.
Only thing it could use is the rest of the pickup loops replaced with the nee polly units like it has now and a few pickup fingers replaced, I have them too.
When I fix it I do as much as I can so as not to have any breakdowns! I hate breakdowns! Ough yeah new knives too !

Nice!
The dogs was the only thing I ever had an issue with on mine; bad springs and the dogs stayed up (or was it down?), so the thing tripped and thus kept braking shear-pins, until I figured out what was going on.
I was very lucky -so far-, as I bought it out of a field where it sat (with bales of hay still in it) for a couple of years, unused.
Let me know how much you want for it, if you're willing to sell....

BTW, I see you have a preservative applicator on your baler: have you been using that a lot?
I was considering installing one too, but never got around to it. This season was the first time I actually could have made VERY good use of it; lost about 300+ bales that could have been saved with preservative application. :mad:

I used it one fall on second cut and the horse customers didn't like it so I have never used it since.. it is really difficult to use without moisture sensors.

All the folks around me all drool over that baler the only thing close to it is a 570 that is rotted to death this old hog farmer has.
All the other folks have either old NH balers like 270s and such or Deere balers of which I have never seen a good looking bale from, all I have ever seen was the JD truck parked next to them in the fields..
One old time had a Case inline baler that he snapped the flywheel off of? How he did that I will never know, but he hack-welded it back on and continued using it lol.
That 575 of mine makes a hell of a nice brick! It has the hydro-tensioner unit that works the bomb! And it has the side doors instead of wedges to make a wicked tight bale, you need good twine for this rig as the bales will explode when you go to pick them up lol. 32-36" bales weigh in at 40-50 lbs too and thats with 10% moisture or less.
You don't want to get hit with one from the kicker... it'll wind ya big time! Just ask those that have been hit... as I stack in kicker wagons to 200 bales in a 18 foot wagon body.

Ha, sounds awesome!
I normally make smaller, lighter bales. We mainly use all of the bales we make ourselves and don't sell too many. I wouldn't say my NH315 is particularly consistent. :confused:
Since I use bale baskets, there is usually no (or hardly any) tension set on the baler at all; all the tension comes from the baler pushing the bales up the bale basket's chute.

All my fields are 7 plus miles away from the barn... so we have to trailer everything back and stack it up. Way too much logistics for me , always having to move stuff all over gods creation to make a bale of hay... Nope.. I also have 2 children that like to do anything other than hang out on the hottest days of the year in a hay field!
I used to have beef cattle, all Herefords and a pair of Icelandic horses . Sold off all the beef and gave the horses away to folks that would ride them. My kids wanted nothing to do with them.
I'm a machinist/ mechanic by trade and I like my trade Way better than farming!
I like building things and repairing the unrepairable!

7+ miles is quite the distance with all this heavy equipment for sure!
Except for one neighbor's field across the street, I don't ever have to go on roads to get to our ~15 plus another neighbor's ~8 acres.

Yeah, finding young'uns wanting to do farm work/manual labor isn't easy these days. That's the reason I am set-up to pretty much hay singlehandedly if necessary, although luckily my wife & neighbor have always helped.

Well some good news this turkey day weekend, the previous owner of my 996 sent me a text saying that he had found the grill guard for the tractor and wanted to know if I wanted it. I said of course And went down and picked it up yesterday. And he also found the factory drawbar for it as well so I was very happy he also said he thought he had the front hood emblem at his father's garage and said he would mail it to me if he found it. WAY COOL ! You don't find many fellas like him these days. I truly think he may still be attached to the tractor as it had been in his family from new.

Well here it is June 7th, 2023 and I still have my 1594 and 995/6 DB (Smokey) as he is formally named! In the barn getting some last minute servicing before we start out hammering off the hay.
We up-graded the kicker by removing it and dumping the bales on the ground and picking them up with an accumulator then loading the big hay biscuit with a grapple on to gooseneck trailers and scooting them back to the farm if necessary.
As of this present time we have EVERY SINGLE BALE SOLD! We have a customer that brings his trailers and we stuff them with bales right at the fields so no need to store any other than our own consumption (we have horse boarders that buy they hay to feed thier horses and we have a few beefers to eat up the leftovers lol.)
Red needed a pump driveshaft and coupler again.... and Smokey needed a new alternator as the old one broke a diode thingy and was too corroded to get apart.

Back