Good price for LEDs

On LED's - - Was in PetSmart a while back and they have the entire store lit up like broad daylight with ceiling LED lights. Looks like they may have replaced the florescent tubes with LED tubes.

On LED's - - Was in PetSmart a while back and they have the entire store lit up like broad daylight with ceiling LED lights. Looks like they may have replaced the florescent tubes with LED tubes.
Our local Wally world did that awhile back. You almost had to have sunglasses. Now they have every other fixture on. I'm still researching the best light & price. It seems like the longer I wait the more options they are.

I put a couple LED tubes from Amazon in my shop they are nice but I wouldn't say a lot brighter than the old T8 Fluorescent bulbs. They do however, turn on instantly in the cold unlike the fluorescents, which is why I bought them. I noticed my local home depot has LED tubes for fairly cheap now so I will probably buy from there next time.

I bought a pair of these:

I'll get them installed today and maybe some pics. If they do well, may get some more!

I'll get them installed today and maybe some pics. If they do well, may get some more!
I been seeing them on TV info commercials lately and seen them at a local Ace store. Only problem is I don't have many socket bases anymore.

I have a bunch of these.
IMG_20200831_075032.jpg

They're a 4' ,2 bulb, plug in LED lite.
You can buy them for about $18 a light (though the choices are many). Throw lots of light.
I had 8- 8' 2bulb lights in my garage and switched out to 8 4' LED and have more light than before. And at probably a 1/8th of the electricity used..

I have a bunch of these.
View attachment 28862

They're a 4' ,2 bulb, plug in LED lite.
You can buy them for about $18 a light (though the choices are many). Throw lots of light.
I had 8- 8' 2bulb lights in my garage and switched out to 8 4' LED and have more light than before. And at probably a 1/8th of the electricity used..
The Sunco’s so far are my choice. I’m adding to my shop so I’m figuring on getting enough to do that for later. The more you buy the less each light costs. I have 10 of the old 4’ fixtures so like you mentioned I’m thinking I can get by with 8.

I have a friend that has 2 of these in his garage at 4000 lumens each. I was interested but he paid $50. each for some reason. At this cost for me was a no but now at your cost Kenny maybe I’ll look into them more. His are 12’ apart with large dark spots in between. I’m thinking if he had three in that same area it would eliminate that. Do you think one of those would be equivalent to one or maybe 1 and a half fluorescent fixture. I wouldn’t want to have to change the angle when I move around.

I have a friend that has 2 of these in his garage at 4000 lumens each. I was interested but he paid $50. each for some reason. At this cost for me was a no but now at your cost Kenny maybe I’ll look into them more. His are 12’ apart with large dark spots in between. I’m thinking if he had three in that same area it would eliminate that. Do you think one of those would be equivalent to one or maybe 1 and a half fluorescent fixture. I wouldn’t want to have to change the angle when I move around.
Haven't had these up long enough to tell if they would be better than the 4' fixtures. Of course, since I don't have a 4' led fixture in that space, hard again to compare.

I believe these are the same light shown on a tv info commercial where you buy 2 for $19 and pay for handling on the second one that is free.. :eek:
But I also seen them at Ace for $19 each.

They are giving out so I ordered some different ones.

Sorry to hear your lights didn’t work out good for you Kenny. I bought these almost two years ago from Sunco I bought the 12 pack thinking I would need 10 and put 2 in the shop extension. I only needed 8 the shop looks like a lighthouse. You can link 4 together so I divided them up to 4 on a switch. I’ve been very happy with them.

Last edited:
Back