Got Another Freebie!

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
Not sure what I'll get done today due to the rain. Maybe some cleaning of parts. I epoxied a crack in the grille yesterday, should be set well enough to clean the rest of it. Light bulbs still work. I also got the bend out of the hood and it cleaned up. Once I get the drive belts on, it'll get washed.

4getgto

Tractorologist
I cleaned the hood and grille, put them back on and found out you cannot get to the air filter. Gotta take it all back off to check/change the filter. That sucks as the new one has not arrived as yet. :mad:
The other drive belt should be here today.
Gotta go be a Yuppie's mower... need a air filter....throw the mower away..

is a little strange you gotta take the hood off to change..?

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
Gotta go be a Yuppie's mower... need a air filter....throw the mower away..

is a little strange you gotta take the hood off to change..?
I was surprised! I hadn't put the cover on as I am waiting for the new filter. After putting the hood/grille on, thought about putting the cover on so I could pressure wash the mower. WRONG! Cover will not fit between the grille and engine to get where it needs to go! Can't get my hand in there it's so tight!

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
I got the air filter. Now to wait for it to dry enough to power wash the thing. Got the deck on sawhorses. Had to order one spindle arbor and new blades. Gonna be a bit before I can get rid of this thing!

4getgto

Tractorologist
I got the air filter. Now to wait for it to dry enough to power wash the thing. Got the deck on sawhorses. Had to order one spindle arbor and new blades. Gonna be a bit before I can get rid of this thing!
I was debating on a Scotts 17hp 42" I seen at a auction yesterday . Wasn't real bad but I knew I couldn't buy it for much as to see any return. I was thinking $25 and a guy took it for $50. Realistically it's probably a 2-300 dollar used mower in running order. Doesn't leave much wiggle room...
Couldn't hear it run, no battery, flat tires, hood falling off. Too many unknowns...!