Got Another Freebie!

Not sure what I'll get done today due to the rain. Maybe some cleaning of parts. I epoxied a crack in the grille yesterday, should be set well enough to clean the rest of it. Light bulbs still work. I also got the bend out of the hood and it cleaned up. Once I get the drive belts on, it'll get washed.

I cleaned the hood and grille, put them back on and found out you cannot get to the air filter. Gotta take it all back off to check/change the filter. That sucks as the new one has not arrived as yet. :mad:
The other drive belt should be here today.

I cleaned the hood and grille, put them back on and found out you cannot get to the air filter. Gotta take it all back off to check/change the filter. That sucks as the new one has not arrived as yet. :mad:
The other drive belt should be here today.

Gotta go be a Yuppie's mower... need a air filter....throw the mower away..

is a little strange you gotta take the hood off to change..?

Gotta go be a Yuppie's mower... need a air filter....throw the mower away..

is a little strange you gotta take the hood off to change..?
I was surprised! I hadn't put the cover on as I am waiting for the new filter. After putting the hood/grille on, thought about putting the cover on so I could pressure wash the mower. WRONG! Cover will not fit between the grille and engine to get where it needs to go! Can't get my hand in there it's so tight!

Looks like the air filter will be here Monday! I'll get the oil/filter changed this weekend and be ready to power wash it. Then the deck goes back on and see if that new belt fixes the disengage issue.

I got the air filter. Now to wait for it to dry enough to power wash the thing. Got the deck on sawhorses. Had to order one spindle arbor and new blades. Gonna be a bit before I can get rid of this thing!

I got the air filter. Now to wait for it to dry enough to power wash the thing. Got the deck on sawhorses. Had to order one spindle arbor and new blades. Gonna be a bit before I can get rid of this thing!
I was debating on a Scotts 17hp 42" I seen at a auction yesterday . Wasn't real bad but I knew I couldn't buy it for much as to see any return. I was thinking $25 and a guy took it for $50. Realistically it's probably a 2-300 dollar used mower in running order. Doesn't leave much wiggle room...
Couldn't hear it run, no battery, flat tires, hood falling off. Too many unknowns...!

I finally got the new blades and spindle arbor. Deck is on it and I have mowed some. Just listed it on CL. Time for it to live elsewhere.
DSCN4617.JPG DSCN4618.JPG DSCN4619.JPG

DSCN4620.JPG

It's supposed to engage when lowered. Looks like it's not coming up high enough to disengage as the brake pads don't touch the pulleys to stop them. I'll try to get a pic. I have to pull the deck to get to the variator pulley. I'll be making a list of what's needed this morning.
i don't like doing replacing belts on the mtd variables such a pain and no room for big hands , i have the MTD gold series 2001 model ,13hp, 38"cut ,now got 2 regular ones for parts

Back