Got Another Freebie!

This is what the foam filter left.
DSCN4609.JPG

This things has 2 single barrels on it!
DSCN4610.JPG DSCN4611.JPG DSCN4612.JPG

Best part is I changed out the gas tank for a cleaner one and it fired right up! Deck does not disengage, need another piece of linoleum out now! :mad:

Throttle cable it frozen, along with the variator pulley! But it has a good battery!

Is that 2006 California stuff on that sticker the year of manufacture? That poor old thing really was not maintained at all it looks like if it's that new. Great score and potential money maker, Kenny!

DAC

Amazing to see a tecumseh in something that new...2007 they sold the name and product lines. 2008 they shut down manufacturing then In 2009 they got sold again to certified parts corporation.

Sad demise to my favorite engine. I have a real soft spot for tecumseh horizontal shaft engines.

Anyway.

Those werent bad lawn tractors. I worked on a husky branded one at the camp several times. The blades on it also never disengaged. They were always on. We trashed it and bought a pull behind finish mower to use with the 4 wheelers. Much better suited to our uses.

Does that one engage the blades when you lower the deck? Dumbest design ever.

Amazing to see a tecumseh in something that new...2007 they sold the name and product lines. 2008 they shut down manufacturing then In 2009 they got sold again to certified parts corporation.

Sad demise to my favorite engine. I have a real soft spot for tecumseh horizontal shaft engines.

Anyway.

Those werent bad lawn tractors. I worked on a husky branded one at the camp several times. The blades on it also never disengaged. They were always on. We trashed it and bought a pull behind finish mower to use with the 4 wheelers. Much better suited to our uses.

Does that one engage the blades when you lower the deck? Dumbest design ever.
It's supposed to engage when lowered. Looks like it's not coming up high enough to disengage as the brake pads don't touch the pulleys to stop them. I'll try to get a pic. I have to pull the deck to get to the variator pulley. I'll be making a list of what's needed this morning.

Sometimes I think OPE engineers are told to come up new designs/ideas or they'll be sent down the road. It doesn't matter how stupid it is, DESIGN IT!!
Mike

I agree Mike, some engineers are hired to come up with useless crap anymore and have to come up with something to justify their jobs. You ought to see some of the whoppers city engineers design! The only ones that know it's a mess are the ones that have to make some new design work, sometimes resorting to old designs. Of course smaller cities like here, the good engineers go to places that pay way better.

DAC

Veering away from OPE, I think a good example is 4WD/AWD systems that have been drastically altered by consumer demand. Once soccer moms started driving pickups they didn't want to deal with manual transfer case shifting and manual locking hubs. Now drivers have to depend on electric and vacuum actuators, all computer controlled. One little glitch and guess what? You now have a 2WD vehicle regardless of road conditions.
When we bought our '01 Chevy P/U with what I call the typewriter transfer case I told the salesman someday in the future when I truly need 4WD it would let me down due to the complexity of the system and dependence on elec and vacuum components.
Mike

Last edited:
Engine should run fine now that it can breath. Nice score
It starts and runs great! Just spent $100 for all new belts for it! These were either not correct length or worn beyond using! The deck drive belt was at least 2" too short. Tranny drive belts were wore well. Supposed to be 5/8". One from engine was just over 1/2" wide. Short one to transaxle was less than 1/2".

Back