Recipe?
Don
Low and slow on the grill.

We use our own BBQ sauce. Ingredients are:
- Rhubarb, Victoria
- Mulberry
- Yellow Ground Cherries
- Sucanat

Take Rhubarb, clean and rinse well. Chop into 1 inch cubes or there about.
Next take those cubes and run them in the Ninja or Vitamix to make a thick slurry.
Pull out the crockpot, dump the contents in along with the Mulberries. Place on med heat with 25% filtered water for about 1 hour.
The extracted juice is what you are after. Strain out the juice and take the Rhubarb pulp to the garden compost.

In a large sauce pan, process the Yellow Ground Cherries. Add about 25% filtered water (non-fluoride). Fluoride will ruin the taste of the finished product. Bring the pan to a boil and mix in the Sucanat until its nice and thick like a syrup. Turn off the heat and move the sauce pan to a cool burner or onto a hot pad. Stir easily until cooled.

Mix the two together in the large sauce pan. If too liquid and not thick, add more Sucant over low heat one tablespoon at a time till thickened.

As an extra, you can take a small ratio of cayenne or jalapeno sauce to add a little heat to your sweet sauce.

There are recipes to make the Rhubarb syrup, but those require cheese cloth and other odd steps that require more cleanup. You can look at those recipes for the processing amounts.

We don't do the lemon juice to make the BBQ sauce.
Easy Rhubarb Syrup - Perfect for Cocktails, Desserts & More!

And ground cherrys

You can cheat. Aldi's does sell Yellow Ground Cherry jam. yummy.
These have a taste of sweet pineapple.

When these all come together and over the goat meat, the sweet tangy sauce and the delicate meat is awesome.

Goat and lamb are similar. Lamb is a little tougher or denser vs goat meat. Both are tastier than deer. The Pegasus in Niagara Falls, NY (Tondawanda) offers a great goat or lamb Slovakia.

Been a while since the Bever had any duties so today was the day. Backed it in the older pole building and took the landscape rake off. Bcked up to the weights on the rod & pipe and put it on the 3 point arms. Loaded up what was left of 3 big pumpkins from out front. They went down by the creek for the deer to feast on and scatter seeds all over this end of the section. Had some big branches that came down last fall in a wind storm so gather them up and dumped on the brush pile. Lifted the 2 bottom plow out of the back of my pickup and set it on blocks where I can get after it with the wire brush. Knees were getting tired so time to park it for a while again. Was a fun couple hours and got the goats excited as they thought they were going to get something more than what they got earlier. Wrong again.

I'm good for half a day also. Noon till I quit for the day. That's anywhere from 5 to 10 pm depending on how I'm feeling.
Some days I can't leave the house at all. Sure makes the good days more valuable.

Finally picked up some adapters for the pins on the quick hitch on the Beaver. Removed that hujk of iron they use for the top link that none of my equipment has room for. Put a link of side chain from some heavy field chains I had around. Can reach it from the seat so no problem hooking up equipment. Now to get equipment stands built I can reach from the seat and should be all set to go.

Been looking for a bar mower for the Beaver. Found a 7' John Deere #5 in good ready to mow condition about 2.5 hour drive for $400. Have to convert the attachment over to work with the quick hitch and plumb in a hydraulic connection for the mower lift cylinder but that should not be an issue. Don't plan on mowing anything heavy, just along the pond edge, road side, fence rows etc. Chain drive inside a box so the PTO direction won't make any difference like it wold with a small bush hog.

Been looking for a bar mower for the Beaver. Found a 7' John Deere #5 in good ready to mow condition about 2.5 hour drive for $400. Have to convert the attachment over to work with the quick hitch and plumb in a hydraulic connection for the mower lift cylinder but that should not be an issue. Don't plan on mowing anything heavy, just along the pond edge, road side, fence rows etc. Chain drive inside a box so the PTO direction won't make any difference like it wold with a small bush hog.
Nice. It's a lite duty sickle bar mower.

Had to do some work with and on the Bever today. Started out by picking up two loader buckets full of grass clippings for garden mulch. Had an oi leak on the loader hose block at the transmission. Was leaking once before and put in standard "O" ring and they gave out. got some metric ones this time and so far so good. PO had put some cables to limit the lower 3 point arms side travel. Was set to long and the arms would rub on the tires once in a while. 1/4" x 8mm socket and ratchet and 3 vice grips got them shortened up to they don't hit the tires any more. Put a quart of Transdraulic oil in to bring it back up to full. Gave it a good bath to wash all the oil and crud off and put it back in the shed.
Nice. It's a lite duty sickle bar mower.
Just what I was looking for. Lot of others were a lot heavier built and 7-9' bars. Would have liked to get a 6' but an extra foot won't hurt a thing.

Had to do some work with and on the Bever today. Started out by picking up two loader buckets full of grass clippings for garden mulch. Had an oi leak on the loader hose block at the transmission. Was leaking once before and put in standard "O" ring and they gave out. got some metric ones this time and so far so good. PO had put some cables to limit the lower 3 point arms side travel. Was set to long and the arms would rub on the tires once in a while. 1/4" x 8mm socket and ratchet and 3 vice grips got them shortened up to they don't hit the tires any more. Put a quart of Transdraulic oil in to bring it back up to full. Gave it a good bath to wash all the oil and crud off and put it back in the shed.

Just what I was looking for. Lot of others were a lot heavier built and 7-9' bars. Would have liked to get a 6' but an extra foot won't hurt a thing.
Hope you found a manual. All I could find was the #9. This thread shows a bunch of good images and sheets from the manual with explanations.

The owner siad he had the manual along with a bunch of sections, guard or two, rivets, riveter, cold chisel, etc. Should be good to go on that end. Will probably need a pto adapter though. Trick will be to plumb in the hydraulic lines. Not sure how I will do that yet.

Last edited:
The owner siad he had the manual along with a bunch of sections, guard or two, rivets, riveter, cold chisel, etc. Should be good to go on that end. Will probably need a pto adapter though. Trick will be to plumb in the hydraulic lines. Not sure how I will do that yet.
nice. Just take a peek at those threads I had posted. Could be something helpful in there.

Had a nice rain this morning. Drive to the machine shed was muddy so brought the Bever up to the garage to unload the extra parts, etc. for the mower in the bucket to take back down. Started to rain again so run the Bever in the shop and did a little work on it. Adjusted the right brake so it is even with the left. Figured out a lift rod for the brake lock, run up to the dash for easy access. Put the weights on the fast hitch with a longer pipe.. Sitting in the shop loaded and ready to go when it dries up a bit. Be pretty greasy now yet but after a couple hours will be OK.

Bomgaar F&H has the PTO adapter I need in stock. $10 cheaper than TS 3 blocks away. I hate it that the Orscheln Company sold out to TS and Bomgaar as our main Orschelns store is now TS. Their prices are always $10-15% higher. Even with their 5% veteran discount.

Back