Got the Case 222 into the Shop

Got the deck in front of the shop door power washed it and it looks pretty good under side was clean and a quick glance at the blades they look good deck has some dent in the very front but looks good otherwise will remove the top cover and check the deck belt and pulleys this afternoon

Have a bit of a set back this afternoon work on the deck was going good removed the blades and they are like new but touched them up a bit was really surprised to fine one of the blades had never had a cutting ground on it but with the side arm grinder got an edge on it reinstalled the blades flipped deck over and removed the belt cover and cleaned and check it over looked pretty good but the top center drive pulley was a little lose so used my impact tool to tighten the nut this is where things went wrong while tightening I heard a pop turns out the cast iron lower pulley broke so I have to order a new pulley and they are not cheap about $40.00 OH well guess that means less beer for a month or so:(

HPIM1419.JPGHPIM1455.JPGHPIM1456.JPGHPIM1457.JPGHPIM1458.JPG

I searched for a pulley online, asked on a FB group ended up buying a new one from a Case parts fellow over in Wis so it should be on it way along with the special hald moon key and new retaining nut, I have several new keys but for the life of me I don't remember the safe place I put them so I would lose them, fired up the 222 and ran it outside to get the Country Squire out for a drive after I got them both back in the shop I was looking at the 222 coil and thought it looked a bit odd rasied the hood and seen that the mount bracket had broken and the spark plug lead us keeping the coil with the tractor o_O si I welded a washer on the broken mount hole and cleaned up and painted the coil so in the morning the paint should be cured and will get it all reinstalled

Got the new pulley key and self locking nut Friday afternoon and installed them Saturday morning deck is good to go blades are like new new deck belt all runs free and smooth got it installed on the 222 started it up engaged the PTO all working good took it out for a test mow and I'm disgusted thinking of selling it would go about 40-50 ft and the engine would bog down start missing and stop would start right back up same thing, tried adjusting the carb no real improvement then noticed it was blowing oil out the breather. So I'm thinking there is so much blow by thatis presssurizing the crankcase and maybe getting oil on the plug and shorting it out?? May just push it in the back of the shed for now

Back