Got this today for my LGT 165 Ford.

Like what was said and we all know. You need the horse power and torque to keep the revs up when you get into the deep, heavy or wet snow, with any snow removal equipment.

Noel

I've known people who have had single stage thrower's on Sears/roper tractors and loved them. IH Cubs too. I had one once on a 70s baby$#1t colored Sears for a season and really didn't care for it. I had one that I had bought with the intent of putting it on to my CC 129 but resold it when I found the missing parts. I now have a 2 stage 48" on one of the Ariens and loved it last winter. I also had a blade on another Ariens and that blower won hands down. With 5-6" of reasonably dry snow I was literally putting the snow on to a neighbor's roof. Nothing works in the sloppy crap.

Me and my uncle use our two JD 49 throwers on the dry/light stuff, the wet and heavy stuff we bring the blades out. My 420 with the 5.5 foot extended 54 blade moves the wet and heavy stuff with no issues.

There is some WOW factor in that tractor. If I were taking a wild guess I would have said it was a 2 stage blower.

Back