Has anyone ever seen one of these?

what is a Johnny bucket? Have never heard that term before.
A Johnny Bucket is a smaller scoop that fits on the front of tractor. Doesn't lift very high, so really just for moving stuff around, not loading into truck/trailer etc.

DYrce6YYRNl40IPOpWiRs9McghV_yzJXQ6i4PpLh9VYr_NBSOOl073wYqNsEBse6ccWX1v0flGKgCEnr1mRBG--zNGYXc6qI2Ld8qy9tK9tgtpo65qHEToLcKcPY

I built one myself, no hydraulics, uses a winch to lift....Works for what I need.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the explanation and pictures Poncho62. Yeah, I can see where that would have very limited usage. But better than nothing.

I would love to find a loader for Steph to use to clean up the rabbit poop with. Gertie is way to big to get in there, so she winds up shoveling poop in to the bucket. A small loader would be so much nicer.
Willie how about a snowblower ,I think you could aim it into rhe loader,no shoveling

I got this tractor several years back just because it had this front loader on it. Well, that, and because the tractor itself was almost identical to the one I already had. The only difference was the engine. Mine has the onan 2 cylinder, this one has the Briggs 1 cylinder.
But I have never seen another one with this attachment on it before. Anyone else?

Rick
From what I can see it looks like a Kwik Way loader (still in business) used on many brands of tractors. I have had mine for years, Came off a Cub I installed on my Bolens (also had a tiller on the back for weight & break up soil) & now I have it on my larger frame Strongland 1872. Great loader and digs like a D9. Front wheel bearings are the weak point. I fabed trailer spindles & used 8" boat tires on the Bolens. The Strongland has a rugged axle but used golf cart 4 lug tires- It has power steering & hydraulic trans so its quick & efficient to use. Very rugged loader!

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 10
I agree, it looks very rugged. I hope I can get mine going. Trying to get the pulley off of the pump so I can inspect it before I try to use it. Plus I have to check the rams. The whole thing has been sitting out in the weather for years, without the hoses in place to keep it from getting water damage.
The other tractor that it had been mounted on had problems with the front spindles. Someone had done some repairs on both sides to reinforce them. I guess the weight was more than it was designed for.

That's a very nice line up of tractors you have there. I like the rollbar on the back of the two near the left side. I'd like to get something like that for mine. Could add a cover of some kind to keep the sun off my neck while mowing or hopefully loading.

Last edited:
Back