Hay equipment and Haying 2024

Got a few pics of the hay in the barn and the empty hay fields which will now be pastured.

Attachments

• GOPR4767-m.JPG
    GOPR4767-m.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 8
  • GOPR4769-m.JPG
    GOPR4769-m.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 8
  • GOPR4770-m.JPG
    GOPR4770-m.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 6
  • GOPR4771-m.JPG
    GOPR4771-m.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 5
  • GOPR4773-m.JPG
    GOPR4773-m.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 5
  • GOPR4774-m.JPG
    GOPR4774-m.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 4
  • GOPR4775-m.JPG
    GOPR4775-m.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 4
  • GOPR4776-m.JPG
    GOPR4776-m.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 4
  • GOPR4779-m.JPG
    GOPR4779-m.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 8
I spotted that long bale hook. Always preferred the shorter ones myself.
I think we still have a couple short ones somewhere. Also have a longer one that someone gave us. We mostly use the bale hooks for for pulling bales along the floor when feeding them out. I actually prefer the longer ones for that so the bale isn't hitting my heels. The short ones are best when stacking or handle bales around the elevator.

Most of our barns were built with open center, milking on one side. Feed cattle on the other side and horse stalls on one end. Hay was all stacked in the middle. Was easier to carry a bale a short distance than drag it across other bales. I can see where that long hook would be a lot better for dragging a bale. I used the bale hooks for loading on the racks as well as stacking, in the barn or and outdoor stack some place.

Most of our barns were built with open center, milking on one side. Feed cattle on the other side and horse stalls on one end. Hay was all stacked in the middle. Was easier to carry a bale a short distance than drag it across other bales. I can see where that long hook would be a lot better for dragging a bale. I used the bale hooks for loading on the racks as well as stacking, in the barn or and outdoor stack some place.
Once our wood plank floor gets polished up they slide nice and easy.

Back