Hoping to Build This Soon.

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
I brought the winch out and plugged it into it's mount. Looks good on there.

DSCN5215.JPG DSCN5216.JPG

I have a pair of solenoids for it's wiring, just need the remote to go with it. But it works as is. Not bad for a $10 winch!

MH81

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
Before you end the thread, would you mind doing a walk around in pictures and maybe a shot of your first load?

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
Before you end the thread, would you mind doing a walk around in pictures and maybe a shot of your first load?
Well, It's currently residing out back (so it won't get stolen). May be able to get pics when I use it!

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
Well, I did add something to the winch this morning. I made up a tensioner for the cable/spool. Just have to run the cable out and rewind under tension so it doesn't look like a rats nest! I'll paint this when the humidity drops some, just had another shower go through.

DSCN5244.JPG DSCN5245.JPG

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
For anyone wanting to make one of these, here's a rundown of what I did.
I measured to see what size metal I needed and where the bend would be. Found a chunk of 1/16" +/- about the right size. Cut it down to what I needed. Marked where the bend need to be and used a piece of 1" sch. 40 gas pipe to form that in the 20 ton press. A few adjustments to the straight parts with a 4 lb. hammer while the pressure was on. Took it out, flipped it over and bent the 90 degree on the top side. Cut a 3" strip of piano hinge for the bottom mounting point. Drilled holes, installed fasteners and a spring. All done except for paint!