Hoping to Build This Soon.

I brought the winch out and plugged it into it's mount. Looks good on there.

DSCN5215.JPG DSCN5216.JPG

I have a pair of solenoids for it's wiring, just need the remote to go with it. But it works as is. Not bad for a $10 winch!

Before you end the thread, would you mind doing a walk around in pictures and maybe a shot of your first load?

Before you end the thread, would you mind doing a walk around in pictures and maybe a shot of your first load?
Well, It's currently residing out back (so it won't get stolen). May be able to get pics when I use it!

Well, I did add something to the winch this morning. I made up a tensioner for the cable/spool. Just have to run the cable out and rewind under tension so it doesn't look like a rats nest! I'll paint this when the humidity drops some, just had another shower go through.

DSCN5244.JPG DSCN5245.JPG

For anyone wanting to make one of these, here's a rundown of what I did.
I measured to see what size metal I needed and where the bend would be. Found a chunk of 1/16" +/- about the right size. Cut it down to what I needed. Marked where the bend need to be and used a piece of 1" sch. 40 gas pipe to form that in the 20 ton press. A few adjustments to the straight parts with a 4 lb. hammer while the pressure was on. Took it out, flipped it over and bent the 90 degree on the top side. Cut a 3" strip of piano hinge for the bottom mounting point. Drilled holes, installed fasteners and a spring. All done except for paint!

Back