Hydraulic oil everywhere

Thanks for the post. Interesting and first time running across this information.
Being the 3rd generation owner now of the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, I've learned a bit of history too. I held on to the history docs.

BTW, what model is the Yanmar snow blower? I have a few of those manuals too.

Here's one I have complete,

48-front-unit.jpg
or the Deere version

48-rear-unit-JD.jpg

A few of the Yanmar units also had a sticker like this.

604f7c057172d96a8912e82e.jpg

Attachments

• YANMAR YMS YRS 51 - 63 OM0028 08-85.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Today I finished up the tractor. New cooler installed and no leaks. Finished up the wiring. This just about drove me nuts. Had power to the control switch but the winch wouldn't power up. Have a 50 amp coupler like this at the back of the tractor with12v there but not beyond. 1670730944327.png The 10ga wires were soldered so I knew they were good. Pulled the plugs apart and there was what looked like a white powder on the contacts. Took me a little bit to figure it out. When I soldered the wire into the contact I fill the cups with solder and then slide the wires in. When I pushed the wires in the flux came out and coated the contacts. Wire brushed the contacts and everything worked fine. It's the little things that drive a person nuts.
Anyway it feels good to have that project done.
The model of the blower appears to be "YMS-48" and with the wings I think it's about 65 inches wide.

Today I finished up the tractor. New cooler installed and no leaks. Finished up the wiring. This just about drove me nuts. Had power to the control switch but the winch wouldn't power up. Have a 50 amp coupler like this at the back of the tractor with12v there but not beyond. View attachment 62983 The 10ga wires were soldered so I knew they were good. Pulled the plugs apart and there was what looked like a white powder on the contacts. Took me a little bit to figure it out. When I soldered the wire into the contact I fill the cups with solder and then slide the wires in. When I pushed the wires in the flux came out and coated the contacts. Wire brushed the contacts and everything worked fine. It's the little things that drive a person nuts.
Anyway it feels good to have that project done.
The model of the blower appears to be "YMS-48" and with the wings I think it's about 65 inches wide.
This is the only info I have on the YMS-48 is the main view PDF pulled from an eBay posting years ago.

Ber-Vac made these. Ber-Vac closed and this company now owns it all.
RAD Technologies Inc.
Berco.png

I was able to find the old Ber-Vac manuals. There are 4 manuals for the 48-inch wide units. I've not determined what is a YMS-48 they made for Yanmar because I don't own one to figure this out. If you have the time, please see if any of these are a match or one being very close. Then let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• Yanmar YS48 YS60 Snowblower.pdf
    186.1 KB · Views: 4
  • BerVac B48 SHT02748.pdf
    494.3 KB · Views: 3
  • BerVac B48,54,64 SJT06090.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • BerVac B48,54,64B SLT000001.pdf
    925.2 KB · Views: 2
  • BerVac B48,54,64C SMT108193.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
The first two downloads look a lot like mine. I'm sure mine was made in the 80's so things have changed At some time in the past something big tried to pass through the fan and the fan lost the battle. Repairs were made but the poor fan looks worse for the wear. I should call RAD and see what they want for one. Was able to do some more repairs on it and got it balanced. It runs smooth and does a good job but looks ugly.

I've decided to make some changes to this before winter. I'm going to put JD quick attach brackets on it and mount it where the bucket goes on the loader. My neck and back aren't getting any better and I'm pretty sure the surgeon is going to tell me it's time to fuse 3 more vertebrae's which will lay me up for at least a couple months. I need to get this done before winter. I'm figuring they are at least a month out to do the surgery so I have to get moving.
I've rounded up an 18hp Briggs with an electric start and clutch to power it. It's only a 48" blower with wings. The motor is going to need rings and a good dressing up so it looks good. The motor actually doesn't have that many hours on it so hopefully rings are all it needs. I'm probably going to have to move June Bug out of the shop till later.
Look out Grandson here I come again.

I've decided to make some changes to this before winter. I'm going to put JD quick attach brackets on it and mount it where the bucket goes on the loader. My neck and back aren't getting any better and I'm pretty sure the surgeon is going to tell me it's time to fuse 3 more vertebrae's which will lay me up for at least a couple months. I need to get this done before winter. I'm figuring they are at least a month out to do the surgery so I have to get moving.
I've rounded up an 18hp Briggs with an electric start and clutch to power it. It's only a 48" blower with wings. The motor is going to need rings and a good dressing up so it looks good. The motor actually doesn't have that many hours on it so hopefully rings are all it needs. I'm probably going to have to move June Bug out of the shop till later.
When the window of opportunity happens, open it up and step thru. :)

You have to take care of the priorities before you have to go under the knife again, Chris! Glad you will have some help.

DAC

Back