I was going to Mount up the Blower on the Craftsman

I fired up the blower and got the driveway cleared late this morning while no snow was falling. At about 2:30 pm it started snowing again. We'll see if I need to run the blower again or if it warms up tomorrow and melts everything. Our temp right now is 19*F.

View attachment 21877View attachment 21878
That would look much prettier without that white crap!

I got the PK out and blew snow for little over .5 hr have lots more to do but it -20*F this morning so the F-250 will get plugged in and I'll sit in a nice warn cab for the rest tomorrow and Sat we are suppose to get 6-8 inches per one forecast and up to 15" per others will know more on Sunday

At -20*F the cab sounds like a good choice, GB. I thought 13.8*F was cold. This was nice powdery snow for the blower. I could go as fast as I wanted and the engine didn't even bog down. Not like our normal soggy snow. We only got a trace of new overnight and they are calling for temps in the upper 30's this afternoon. At least I got to run the blower again to justify having it. Maybe I'll another chance before spring hits. I did get some video that I need to edit down and get uploaded to Youtube. I'll get it posted when I can.

Ya, Gary that’s cold. Equals -29 Celsius here. To cold to be out side. That’s what we are getting tomorrow. High winds, 90 kilometres an hour and -25 Celsius wind chill. I won’t be outside to long tomorrow.

What year is the F250.?

Noel

Hi Noel its a 1988 7.3 diesel good truck only has 124000 miles its gotten to be my snowplow truck didn't want that but don't have anything else for a plow truck have not gotten it out yet today in in the cold part of the building plugged in while I was waiting for it to warm this morning I got on the 1620 PK and plowed with it for .5 hr pickup temp said -24*F when I started it wasn't to bad but 1/2 hour was enough my hands were starting to complain the plowing went good snow is light and fluffy, will finish up with the F-250 and then after tomorrows storm will get to do it all over

These pictures are making me sick to my stomach. We just got out of the warmest December and started out January just as warm. Now its getting cold, but no snow in the forecast really.
We had a warm Dec. also with a few days up near 60*. I was glad to see this system move in with snow and cold weather. Maybe your weather patterns will shift like they finally did for us.

We had a warm Dec. also with a few days up near 60*. I was glad to see this system move in with snow and cold weather. Maybe your weather patterns will shift like they finally did for us.

We usually don't get slammed with snow in the ohio valley. Usually 1 to 3" an event. Sometimes we get up to 4" or 5". Every 10 years or so we will get slammed with a 1' to 3' huge snow fall. 1993-2003-2015 we got slammed with one huge storm.

The craftsman has been sitting for about 3 months and I figured it was time to get the blower mounted up. Well as usual the battery was dead. I charged it overnight and fired it up today. It ran like cr@p. I pulled the bowl off the carb and found it full of rust and jelly. This must be some of the fuel that we didn't get stabilizer added to last year. Got the bowl cleaned up and shot some carb cleaner down the idle and main adjusting screws. Fired it back up and its running good now. Think I will top it off with new fuel and drive it a bit to get things mixed up good. Then I can go ahead and mount up the blower.

View attachment 21590View attachment 21591View attachment 21592View attachment 21593
Mmmm...jelly.

Looking good cjet intersting to watch I've seen lots of views from the seat but never from the front, so I suppose all that snow is gone now?

Looks good. Did you do any modifations to the impeller cjet69 ? Most snow blowers always seem to have a pile of snow being pushed out at the front middle, where the augers bring it to the center for the impeller to get it and throw it out. Yours doesn’t seem to do that. Impeller is taking all the snow in.

Noel

Looking good cjet intersting to watch I've seen lots of views from the seat but never from the front, so I suppose all that snow is gone now?

Yep, all gone. It lasted about 12 days from the first snow to completely melted. We are now in the upper 40's to low 50's and lots of rain. We are down to about a month and a half where we could still see any snow.

Back