ID some of these attachments please

Old-Plow-on-JD-GT.jpg

Early Brinly on a round fender Deere.

I kept looking for this thing on-line during lunch. Nothing remotely came close. I just love the many adjustments it have. The V-chisel can go as a wide V or a narrow V. The center chisel can be placed in 5 other locations on the center bar. Each chisel can be adjusted for height.

20230605_195237-copy-jpg.69573

I saw this on another forum. One way to make a towable attachment become 3PT. ThisV-chisel plow or some call it a V ripper and others a scarifier, It one neat and clever tool.

3PT-to-towable-attachment.png

That's a Brinly CC 500 cultivator, the center shoe can be removed so you could straddle a row and cultivate on either side of it. They also had a wide "duck foot" shoe for that model. I have two like that one and one CC600 with spring tooth harrow tines.

Attachments

• 6-63 Brinly Cultivator.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That's a Brinly CC 500 cultivator, the center shoe can be removed so you could straddle a row and cultivate on either side of it. They also had a wide "duck foot" shoe for that model. I have two like that one and one CC600 with spring tooth harrow tines.
Thank you so much for the document. It will be a real help. :)

Seems mine is missing the rear tires and posts. Missing also is the weight bar.

It's missing the ID decal too. Example would be,
1686194316948.png

Found these images of a complete unit.

full

full

full

full

full

I can adapt the tool to a 3PT and not need the wheels. :) The wheels otherwise are the depth setting feature.
May work as long as you stay on even ground to control depth via 3 point. But when the front of the tractor goes up the tool goes down. When the back wheels go up the tool does also. I have 2 of those cultivators but only use one and it has the wheels on it and work great with added weight. Plan to add sweeps to the other but weed control a lot better.

May work as long as you stay on even ground to control depth via 3 point. But when the front of the tractor goes up the tool goes down. When the back wheels go up the tool does also. I have 2 of those cultivators but only use one and it has the wheels on it and work great with added weight. Plan to add sweeps to the other but weed control a lot better.
Do you know if these are still made today?

I believe they are but not near as strong as the old ones. New ones are mostly angle iron where the old style is channel. Decals are different now also. a Few years ago I asked for replacement decals for a plow I reconditioned. The gal I talked to said they were different but she would send me some which she did. Asked for two and got about 6.

Back